St Martins – Waratah
Care Support Worker Catering – Part time
- Progress with purpose at one of Australia’s largest health care providers
- Get ahead with salary packaging, benefits and professional development in a supportive team environment
- Work as part of a team to deliver exceptional services to our residents.
About the role
The Support Worker – Catering will ensure a supportive environment where residents are encouraged to express their food preferences and choice, whilst ensuring that food is nutritious and prepared in alignment with appropriate standards. Catering support workers will do all that they can to support cultural, religious and dietary preferences in preparation and food service to ensure that resident satisfaction is maintained
This is a rewarding, hands on role that will give you the opportunity to positively impact on the lives of our residents. Care Support Workers work within the aged care team to promote the delivery of quality care to residents and their families, demonstrating competence in the provision of resident-centred care.
St Martin de Porres is located 10 minutes from the city of Newcastle, close to public transport and the local shopping complex.
- Support service delivery under the direction of the Chef/Cook
- Prepare daily meals and beverages that meet individual needs of each resident including special dietary requirements, allergies and culturally specific as instructed by the Chef or Cook
- Provide social and emotional support to all residents ensuring that care provision is holistic and person centred.
What you bring
- Effective interpersonal communication; both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Working knowledge of WH&S and Infection Control
- Ability to operate standard domestic and industrial equipment
- Experience and optimism to work in Cleaning and Laundry services will be beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in food preparation and food safety (Desired)
- Certificate III Aged Care (Desired)
- Apply First Aid Certificate (Desired)
- Food Handling Certificate (HLTFSE001 – Follow Basic Food Safety Practices) (Desired)
For further information please contact Suzanna Stojanovski – Home Support Officer on 02 49682244
Why work for Calvary?
At Calvary, our staff matter.
Join our team, learn with purpose and drive positive impact in one of Australia’s largest healthcare providers across Public and Private Hospitals, Residential Aged Care and Home Care.
With over 130 years’ experience and 18,000 staff and volunteers, we offer an inclusive and welcoming culture where you are valued, drawing on your own strengths, identity and background alongside a team of professionals who care for our patients, residents and clients.
- NFP salary packaging benefits, discounted health insurance and gym memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Training, development pathways and career opportunities
- Flexible hours that make sense for you
Apply now to start your career in an organisation that is making a positive difference in the community.
Please note the following:
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete pre-employment checks which may include, but is not limited to reference checks, work rights, criminal history check, NDIS/WWCC/WWVP checks, and a health evaluation to ensure suitability for the role
- You will also be required to provide evidence of immunisation as required for your role