Mountain Office Coordinator
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts of up to 40% at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Perisher’s Mountain Operations is a multifaceted department that oversees various crucial facets of the resort, including Lift Operations, Ski Patrol, Snowmaking, Grooming, Transport, Workshops, Electrical, Skitube, and Civil & Building Areas. As the largest departments within the resort, it plays a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless functioning of Perisher’s mountain-related activities.
In this dynamic environment, the Mountain Office Coordinator plays a key role, reporting directly to the Assistant to the Operations Director. The primary responsibility of this role is to contribute to the day-to-day operations of the Mountain Office, with a specific focus on coordinating communications for the Operations/Mountain departments. The central tasks involve managing the Operations radio base communications and fulfilling daily reporting requirements.
This position is distinctive, characterized by its fast-paced nature, challenges, and rewarding experiences. Passionate employees who align with the considerations outlined below thrive in this unique role. Regardless of prior experience, training will be provided to ensure that individuals are well-equipped to excel in this position.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Answer phone calls, communicate with staff, and be a point of contact for various stakeholders.
- Coordinate radio communications, log messages, and update lift status information.
- Liaise with Skitube Operations, licensees, and monitor weather conditions.
- Handle routine matters, show initiative, and assist in emergency situations as needed.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Proven Administration skills
- A demonstrated ability of computer skills, specifically: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel spread sheet skills
- Extensive knowledge of Perisher lifts and run locations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at human.[email protected].
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.