Boot Fitter (Experienced)
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
As a boot fitter you will be required to assist our guests with sales and fitting for all our demo equipment and retail goods. You must possess excellent communication skills to ensure you identify our customers’ needs and be able to select the best equipment option for them. You will assist with boot fitting, retail sales, setting up of demo equipment whilst providing outstanding customer service.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Provide personalised boot fittings and make custom footbeds
- Conduct foot and arch analysis
- Repair and modify liners, shells and custom footbeds
- Assist guests with our test ski program and convert trials to new ski sales
- Assist guests with information on and purchase of other retail goods
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Previous boot fitting experience in either a retail or rental environment is essential
- Sound technical knowledge of ski boots, skis, bindings and general snow equipment
- The ability to learn the technical features of new products
- The capability to interact with guests on a personal level without necessarily engaging in sales conversation
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at human.[email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.