About the role
It is an exciting time to participate in and support the growth of ICYMHS and the wider Mental Health Division at Austin Health.
The Mental Health Clinician for the Infant and Child Community Team is a position that will be providing clinical expertise case management and theraputic interventions to children referred into the service, in line with the Royal Commission into Mental Health recommendations.
A regular day will see you: Engage with infants children and their families within clinical and outreach settings, working collaboratively with families, co-clinicians and key stakeholders to support referred children.It will also see you providing evidence based parent, group or individual therapy in a strength based, attachmment relational trauma informed and family centered practice framework undertaking comprehensive assessments and individualised treatment plans.
If you are passionate about and experienced in the child mental health sector and are keen to contribute to the development of a new team and a service for children and their families, we are keen for you to join us!
To be successful in this role you will bring with you:
- A relevant qualification and AHPRA registration, relevant minimum years of post-graduate experience in a tertiary mental health setting or other related field with specific experience with children and families.
- Demonstrated ability in and knowledge of the identification, assessment and treatment of children and their families
- Demonstrated commitment to the care of children and their families in the least restrictive and intrusive manner
- Respecting rights, privacy and dignity and demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively with consumers and carers to promote self-determination and progress toward recovery goals.
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work every day. Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
- $11,660 in salary packaging benefits, for living expenses, meals and holiday accommodation
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness memberships and health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring and career development opportunities
- Onsite childcare, easy access via public transport, car parking and end of journey facilities for cyclists
- Five weeks annual leave, plus purchased leave options
Inclusion at Austin
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working With Children Check. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please feel free to reach out to the hiring manager.