SHORT TERM OPPORTUNITIES ONLY
Local Short Term Consultant to support Energy projects
Start Date: April 24, 2023
Express Interest By: 4/14/2023
Topics: Not Available
Business Function: Not Available
Language Skills: English
Assignment Location: Uzbekistan
VPU: Europe and Central Asia (ECA)
Contact Person: Shakhnoza Ayupova ([email protected])
Task Description: The STC is expected to work with various WB teams. Specifically, the duties and accountabilities will include:
- Operational Support. Provide operational support to the energy projects in Uzbekistan. Under the request and direction of relevant task team leaders (TTLs), such support may include participating in preparation and supervision of missions; providing inputs into project designs and institutional arrangements; preparing project budgets and implementation schedules; assisting in review of consultants reports and project implementation plans; providing inputs to mission Aide Memoires. Drafting Implementation Status and Results Reports (ISRs); terms of references for different tasks; tracking overall project progress and identifying issues requiring attention; participating in key project workshops, trainings and other events; supporting in procurement of other consultants for operational needs; supporting in projects’ monitoring and evaluation, and reporting; supporting in supervision of project’s compliance with environmental and social standards; preparing case studies, briefs, notes, presentations on country programs, internal strategy papers, etc.
- Support in Technical Coordination with Key Stakeholders. Support teams in liaising with key internal and external partner organizations and stakeholders, respond to routine inquiries from clients, donors, NGOs, etc. on the World Bank energy activities.
- Analytical Work. Provide specific inputs to advisory and analytical work in Uzbekistan following the guidance from task teams and the management. Such work may include technical and economic analysis, review and analysis of policy and regulatory frameworks, analysis of energy balances/demand, and related work.
- Liaison with Government. Participate in project meetings and workshops, follow-up on key government actions (i.e., procurement, financial management, environmental and social safeguards, reporting), data collection, proactive identification and resolution of World Bank/client relationships, monitor changes in government that may affect the energy programs, etc.
- Other. Carry out other ad hoc tasks as requested by the TTLs and the ECA Energy Practice Manager, which may include preparation of briefings, organization of workshops, seminars, study tours, development of portfolio summaries, support key knowledge exchange events, coordinating