Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts of up to 40% at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Our Lift teams are made up of people who have outstanding customer service skills and possess a strong commitment to the highest levels of safety. They are enthusiastic, thrive on face-to-face contact with our guests and love working in this amazing alpine environment.
Lift Operators primary responsibility is to ensure the safe and efficient loading and unloading of guests riding chairlifts, T-bars, rope tows and passenger conveyers. You will need to be alert and attentive at all times ensuring work areas are safe removing and reporting any hazards that maybe present.
Important information to consider before you apply:
- Over snow travel is required to some lift stations so skiing or snowboarding experience is advantageous. All employees have the opportunity to ski or board the slopes during their rostered breaks and days off.
- No previous experience is required to be a Lift Operator, training will be provided prior to commencement.
- It is a requirement in this role to have a high level of physical fitness to shovel snow and assist guests when loading and unloading lifts.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Provide a positive guest experience in the safe loading and unloading of the ski lift, including greeting each and every guest in a friendly manner, making eye contact whenever possible.
- Set up and pack down lift stations on a daily basis and in all kinds of weather.
- Continuously monitor the lift’s operations including load and unload areas, ramps, signs, tool storage, lift huts and surrounding areas.
- Have a sound knowledge of resort products and services, enforce safety protocols, manage queue lines, and address any guest concerns.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- A high work ethic and dependability
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to assess your skiing or snowboarding ability based on the following scale:
- Red: Never seen snow!
- Yellow: First-time beginner. Currently learning to stop, slow down, and turn, as well as becoming proficient in riding a T-bar.
- Green: Strong beginner. Capable of linking turns and maintaining control on all green terrain. Can control speed, execute stops, change directions, and successfully ride a T-bar.
- Blue: Intermediate. Comfortable linking turns on most blue and all green terrain. Able to navigate variable snow conditions and execute a variety of turn sizes.
- Black: Strong intermediate to advanced. At ease on all groomed and most un-groomed terrain.
This self-assessment will help us understand your proficiency level and ensure that you are assigned roles that align with your skiing or snowboarding capabilities.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at [email protected].
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.