Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts of up to 40% at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Situated atop the mountain, Hotham’s village is renowned for its breathtaking vistas and challenging terrain. With a total ski area of 320 hectares, including 245 hectares of lifted terrain, Hotham boasts an impressive grooming fleet. This fleet comprises a Prinoth Bison X and PistenBully winch cats, PB300W, PB 400W, PB 400 Park Pro, and PB400 free cats. Push cats support snowmaking, and a cat cabin facilitates night activities.
Hotham is actively seeking Groomer Operators across all disciplines, with a particular emphasis on experienced Winch Cat Operators to prepare the steeper pistes. Operators are also in demand for maintaining the 2 Terrain Parks and 1 Rider/Boarder X track, attracting teams from both the Southern and Northern Hemispheres for training purposes.
In a typical night in this role, you might:
- Meticulously groom and maintain ski runs to ensure optimal surface conditions for guests.
- Assist in the construction and upkeep of Terrain Parks.
- Employ techniques to enhance snow quality and increase its longevity.
- Work in challenging weather conditions, primarily during nighttime hours.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Previous experience operating snow grooming equipment (minimum of two seasons).
- A strong commitment to safety protocols.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, such as varying snow and weather patterns.
- Effective communication skills and collaboration within a team setting.
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Important: This is an early application process for seasonal roles that will start from June 2024. Offers for these positions will begin to be sent out from late January.
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at [email protected].
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.