At Shine, we champion better justice for our clients. And as a full-time permanent, Legal Assistant/Senior Legal Assistant in our Personal Injury team based in our Melton Office, that starts with you. You’ll work closely with our legal team to make a meaningful, long-lasting impact for our clients, working across a number of personal injury matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career Legal Support Professional to apply and continue their amazing work within the legal industry and work as a paralegal in a growing team.
Want a job that provides real career progression to kick start or further advance your legal career? You’ll be part of a truly connected team of authentic people who are as passionate as you are. And you’ll be visible and valued for who you are and what you bring. This is a great opportunity for someone in a Legal Assistant position looking to step into Paralegal work.
With empathy, adaptability and initiative, you will be a true champion of our clients by:
- Working with our solicitors to successfully support them with day-to-day operations of files/client management.
- Preparing matters for conference and hearing, including preparation of court and legal documents and general correspondence.
- Using your high attention to detail to draft briefs and documents, such as claim forms and schedule of damages.
- Efficiently coordinating medico-legal appointments, compulsory conferences and mediations.
- Cultivating strong relationships with our clients, Shine employees, Counsel and other external stakeholders.
- Supporting our Legal team with optimising the use of internal systems to process information.
What you’ll bring
- Some experience in a similar role at a law firm is preferred.
- Accurate typing skills with intermediate Word & Excel skills.
- Keen eye for detail in your document management and collation skills.
- You’ll be a great communicator both verbally and in writing.
- You’ll recognise and value the importance of your role in being the gateway to support our clients.
- The ability to work 38 hours per week, between the hours of 8:15am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Shine Lawyers: A place for you. It means more here.
At Shine, purpose really matters.
- It’s our clients, who summon the courage to stand up to injustice.
- It’s the communities we are part of and support every day.
- It’s our team, who champion what’s right and make this place what it is.
We’re an ASX-listed organisation, and we’ve been standing up for the rights of everyday Australians for more than 40 years. We’ve achieved a lot but you’ll find no airs and graces here. We’re humble yet relentless. We don’t pretend to be anything other than ourselves. And together, we’ve created a place for you to thrive.
Here are some of the things we hope you’ll love about working with us:
- Connect and be you: Get the benefits you need, and work with truly authentic people. And you can enjoy the security of a large, well-established firm that treats you as a person, not a number.
- Challenge and be challenged: We’re not here for “easy”. We want you to take your place at Shine and make a real impact. Question and challenge – that’s how we grow.
- Achieve and grow: Start your Shine journey at our renowned Centre of Learning, where you’ll find immediate connection and be set up for success. We provide innovative in-house learning programs and real opportunities to step up and grow – within your role and beyond.
Visit https://www.shine.com.au/careers/life-shine to find out more and read the stories of our incredible people.
Excited to join us and stand up to injustice? Join us and build a career that means so much more.
Apply now and make Shine Justice a place for you.
As part of The Circle Back Initiative, we want you to feel supported through our recruitment process, which means that you will hear back from our friendly team – no matter the outcome.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.Apply Now