Company: GIZ Ghana
Category: NGO / International Agencies
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 13 Nov-2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF)- The regional project Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF) supports development
cooperation programmes, enterprises and institutions in the introduction and implementation of broad-based agribusiness training for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Together with the GIZ project MOVE-ComCashew, ABF implements component 1 of an EU framework programme. This cooperation aims to develop and improve the capacities of actors along the agricultural value chains of cashew, cocoa, maize and livestock (cattle, sheep and goats) in 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries in order to promote investment. Other project offices are currently in Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, and South Africa.
Scope of Role:
• The junior administrative specialist answers enquiries related to issues that fall within the assigned thematic area, where applicable in consultation with experienced specialists. You clearly communicate the relevant requirements, conditions and restrictions in terms of your capacity to act with due regard for compliance rules and P+R. You deal with the matters and job orders assigned to you with due regard for all the legal, contractual, socio-political and corporate policy requirements and the instructions of your line manager and follow up the processing and completion of those tasks. You also resolve problems that arise in your area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules and draw attention to more complex challenges in your team. In addition, you provide support for knowledge management and ongoing process development in your area of responsibility. You prepare and share documentation as well
• Responsible for the organisation (administration) of meetings and events within the country and supporting the project in other countries as well.
• Seeing that the service in the office is provided correctly and in accordance with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures.
• Responsible for travel requests and travel claims of the project team in Accra.
• Facilitation (drafting ToR, finding suitable candidates for services) of meetings and events within the country and abroad.
• Close cooperation with Communication Advisors to organise events.
• Perform other tasks assigned by the line manager, where required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BA in Business Administration or a related field.
• Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area, preferably within GIZ.
• Solution-driven mindset.
• Ability to organize workload and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and / or German are advantageous.
• Good working knowledge of MS office and other related software, initial knowledge of the GIZ Common Portal advantageous.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
[email protected] quoting the Job Code 2023/ABF/10/26 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 13 November, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.