At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
Recognized twice by the Financial Times as one Africa’s fastest growing company (2022 and 2023) and by TIME100 Most influential companies in the world 2023 , we’ve served over 3 million customers, unlocking $1 billion in cumulative credit for the unbanked across Africa. At M-KOPA, we empower our people to own their careers through diverse development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. We support individual journeys with family-friendly policies, prioritize well-being, and embrace flexibility. Join us in shaping the future of M-KOPA as we grow together. Explore more at m-kopa.com.
You will support the West African market in monitoring and improving our internal control environment by reviewing and assessing the important risks associated with all aspects of our processes and providing practical recommendations to reduce against the same.
You will report to the Senior Internal Auditor.
- You will support the planning, scoping, and execution of internal audits following the annual audit plan and risk assessment process.
- You will conduct interviews, document reviews and other procedures to gather information and assess the effectiveness of internal controls.
- You will prepare audit work papers and ensure that all recommendations are documented.
- You will gather audit evidence to support findings and suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare audit reports for presentation to management and the audit committee.
- You will determine internal audit scope for specified assignments.
- You will issue reports on findings of audits that highlight issues and potential impacts on business.
- You will conduct audit assignments for other regions whenever required to.
- You will provide administrative support to Audit Department.
- You will perform any other responsibilities related to the job responsibility as may be assigned.
- Minimum of 3-4 Years working experience in an audit firm.
- Experience in the West Africa region.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting or related fields from a recognized university.
- ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA certification or the equivalent qualification.
- Member of a professional body in audit or related fields.
- You should exhibit integrity and truthfulness.
- Excellent report writing.
- You are a team player.
- Advanced level of Excel (can perform complex functions) use and analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
Benefits, What’s in it for you:
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, dental and gym facilities)
- Group Life Cover and Personal Accident Cover
- Company pension (A mandatory basic national social security scheme)
- Airtime and Data allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
|Job category :||
Accounting, controlling, finance
Banking, insurance, finance
|Employment type :||
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western – International
|Experience level :||
2 to 5 years
|Educational level :||
|Key Skills :|