Position Title: ICT Officer (Change, Knowledge Management and Learning)
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 26 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Department is committed to lead the organisation in establishing, integrating and mainstreaming the core elements of an end-to-end digital business process. The position of ICT Officer (Change, Knowledge Management and Learning) will play a critical role in delivering on the digital transformation efforts through facilitating alignment of ICT’s strategy with the International Organization for Migration’s (IOM) strategic objectives, organizational culture, leadership competencies and available resources.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)/Director of ICT and direct supervision of Senior ICT Officer (Strategy, Risk Management and Governance), the ICT Officer (Change, Knowledge Management and Learning) will be responsible for change and knowledge management, and deployment of corporate information management systems and tools, such as Processes and Resources Integrated Systems Management (PRISM), Intranet, Document Management System and PRIMA incorporating knowledge management and e-learning to achieve strategic objectives.
The primary responsibility of the ICT Officer (Change, Knowledge Management and Learning) is to ensure that ICT solutions enhance IOM’s information management capacity and that these solutions are aligned with IOM’s business requirements as gathered through business stakeholder engagement, process governance and design improvement to support IOM’s evolving and expanding information management needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Establish a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by ICT projects or initiatives.
- Conduct impact assessments, change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Identify, assess and prepare risk (human and non-human) mitigation tactics and anticipate,identify and manage resistance in collaboration with relevant Senior Managers.
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: Communications Plan, Sponsor Roadmap, Coaching Plan, Training Plan, Resistance Management Plan.
- Deliver Change Management, Communication and Learning activities over ICT process improvement and strategic change initiatives in close collaboration and communication with required IOM’s business units and interest groups and in coordination with ICT Business Relationship Managers (BRM).
- In collaboration with relevant business units, develop/streamline and assess content management processes to enable efficient organization and management of documents, records, intranet content and other information shared internally that contributes to increased productivity.
- Establish and maintain governance processes on assigned content management initiatives to implement increased and regular coordination with required IOM stakeholder groups to seek their input and validation on the requirements and prioritization of information management content and tools.
- Coordinate and maintain effective oversight for the preparation, production and dissemination of both routine and complex outreach that promotes the image of ICT to the key internal and external audiences including Country and Regional Offices.
- Ensure strategic and timely flow of information and key messages about ICT’s operations and its work to the key external and internal audiences.
- Provide assistance in organizing and generating support for special ICT events and meetings.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to ICT consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Undertakes outreach activities, participate in the development of training workshops,seminars, etc.; participate in and make presentations on assigned topics/activities.
Learning and Knowledge Management
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Knowledge Management Plan for ICT.
- Oversee needs assessment, design and delivery of training programs including hosting training and learning exchanges for ICT staff in Headquarters (HQ) and ICT management of Country and Regional Offices.
- Ensure effective process of collecting and disseminating lessons learnt from emergency operations, simulation exercises, workshops, seminars or trainings.
- Prepare regular documentation of achievements from the various programs, analyze and develop various knowledge products including process documentation, lessons learnt, policy briefs and for the best practices in improving ICT service delivery.
- Coordinate and maintain the repository of all materials to enable cross learning and sharing.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Information Communications and Technology, Business Administration, Communications, Psychology or related field from an accredited academic institution with at least five years of relevant professional experience, or;
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional Certification in Change Management or Project Management is an advantage.
- At least five years’ of overall experience in ICT Project Management, process development/improvement, three of which should be in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Knowledge Management systems relevant to the functions listed above;
- Experience with large scale implementation of organizational change initiatives or major business transformation projects is desirable;
- Experience in preparing thorough and well-reasoned written outputs including background papers, analytical notes, reports etc. is desirable; and,
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and guidance of staff responsible for change management, systems development, implementation and post-implementation support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations of IOM or UN system or comparable international organizations is desirable;
- Knowledge of Project Development procedures and policies;
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups, executives, managers, subject matter experts and senior level stakeholders;
- Strong development and analytical skills, including a thorough understanding and interpretation of customer business needs with further translation into the application/ operational requirements;
- Project management, analytical and report writing skills;
- Effective and creative problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners; and
- Proven interpersonal and team building skills.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either Spanish and/or French is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 39 ICT Officer (Change, Knowledge Management and Learning) (P3) Valencia,
Spain (57968075) Released
Posting: Posting NC57968076 (57968076) Released