- Medi Chef, Austin Health
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the north-east of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our purpose, which is to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
About the Food Services
The Austin Health Food Services Department is an in-house service which consists of the following two business units:
- Patient Food Services: provides patient meals for all Austin Health campus’ as well as providing a patient meals service to Royal Women’s Hospital. Currently the Austin Health Patient Food Services Department is plating approximately 2700 cook/chill meals each day. Food Services has 138 staff.
- Medi-Chef is located on the Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital (HRH) campus. Med-Chef produces cook/chill (short shelf life and long shelf life) meal components for both Austin Health and other clients.
About the role
We are looking for casual Food Servies Assistant in Medi-Chef.
A regular day will see you:
- Dishwashing, general, and specific cleaning duties.
- Receive and store incoming goods as per the Food Safety plan.
- Basic food preparation when required.
- Assist in the panning of hot food as per chef requirements.
- Removal of rubbish and linen.
- To rotate stock on First in First Out principles and to store foods in an appropriate manner when required.
- To assist with the unloading and storage of all foodstuffs when required.
- To assist in dispatch cool room when required.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic work area.
- To report any faulty equipment to Supervisor.
- To monitor and maintain chemical levels as required.
- To recycle all waste as per departmental policy.
- To use all chemicals according to manufacturer’s instructions and departmental safety guidelines.
- To monitor and record food safety practices as per Food Safety Program requirements.
- Duties as directed by Supervisor.
To be successful in this role you’ll bring with you:
- Year 10 or equivalent
- Food Handler Certificate
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interest in customer service and food presentation
- Good organizational skills
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work every day. Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
- $11,660 in salary packaging benefits, for living expenses, meals and holiday accommodation
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounted fitness memberships and special offers on health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring, learning and career development opportunities
Inclusion at Austin
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working With Children Check. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, you are welcome to reach out to the hiring manager.