Position Title : Finance and Administrative Assistant
Duty Station : IOM Philippines Country Office
Classification : General Service Staff, G-4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 7 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Chief Migration Health Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Administrative and Finance Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for providing assistance in all aspects of the administrative and financial management of the Migration Health Centre.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Finance Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepares Online Invoice Payable of monthly communications, utilities, consultants fee, salary of staff on hourly contract, referrals of external laboratory services, referrals of TB treatment, payment of hazardous waste management and weekly collection reports.
- Perform cash count of daily collection report.
- Review and check cashier’s daily collection report and ensure the entries in PRISM correspond with the transactions recorded in UKTB and MIMOSA.
- Check and verify the daily and monthly Teleradiology Primary Reading caseload forwarded by Teleradiology Department.
- Assist in the renaming and uploading of finance related documents to e-filing platform.
- Performs other finance-related tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Administrative Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist the Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant in carrying out and following up on administrative activities of the Manila Health Centre (MHC) in an efficient and effective way.
- Prepares and coordinate the daily schedule of utility and security personnel.
- Monitors the inventory of office equipment, office supplies and cleaning supplies.
- Liaise with Building Management as well as with other external MHC partners, and Government agencies when needed including dissemination to all staff all the memorandum circulars received from building management.
- Prepare Online Purchase Requests of all goods and services related to the administrative needs of Manila Health Centre.
- Act as the key custodian of all rooms and offices.
- Assist in the establishment of internal procedures and tracking systems for correspondence and documents; maintain and update all administrative files and transactions ensuring efficient filing of records and prepare overall business correspondence when necessary.
- Coordinate administrative and operational needs (vehicle booking, mobile reloads, duplication, printing, etc.) when necessary and in coordination with the mission’s Procurement Unit where required.
- Provide administrative support to the new MHC and consultant staff, interns, and staff on TDY and ensure that they are provided with the appropriate administrative information and equipment to perform their duties.
- Performs other administrative-related tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma with four (4) years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related fields from an accredited academic institution with minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience.
- Working knowledge in accounting software.
- Minimum of two years in an administrative role.
- With experience in premises management an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills;
- Proven knowledge in overall office administration in a multicultural environment.
- In depth knowledge in Liaison, coordination, communication, and presentation.
Fluency in English and Filipino (oral and written) is required for this position. Working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese) is an advantage.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page), a résumé highlighting the required education and experience, and a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit this link (four pages).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via [email protected] not later than 7 February 2023. Position title and SVN Number (VN 2023 002 – Finance and Administrative Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 24.01.2023 to 07.02.2023