Job Identification : 8683
Locations : Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posting Date : 02/22/2023, 04:30 AM
Apply Before : 03/24/2023, 05:30 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : SB3
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Practice Area : Crisis management / Country Management Support
Under the overall guidance and management of the Security Adviser (SA), Field Security Associate (FSA) assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in Bangladesh.
Summary of key functions: Information, assessment and reports about the security situation. Assist in preparing UN Security Policy documentations and their implementation Support to UN Agencies. Assist in conducting security training for United Nations personnel. To implement Saving Lives Together (SLT) framework.
1. Information, assessment and reports about the security situation: Scan the security environment and assesses the security situation. Collecting, updating and sharing of security information in the area. Liaise and coordinate with the Host Government (HG) law enforcement agencies; Police, Security, Traffic, Intelligence etc. Support UN staffs and their Dependents in any security incidents happened with them. Provide inputs regarding security incidents affecting UN staffs, their Dependents, UN offices and assets. Prepare Security Incident Reports (SIR), Quarterly Incident Report (QIR). Prepare and share a Daily Media Report with all UN agency representatives
2. Assist in preparing UN Security Policy documentations and their implementation: Conduct Residential Security Measures (RSM) assessment of UN international staff. Conduct Security Risk Management (SRM) of the area. Implement the Security Risk Management Measures (SRMMs) framed under the SRM. Conduct Security Risk Assessment (SRA) of UN events being organized by UN Agencies. Enable police coordination for UN events. Draft Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) related to various UN policies, like Road Safety, Water Transportation safety etc. Implement Saving Lives Together (SLT) framework and assist the INGOs there-under. Plan and support the missions by Senior United Nations Official (SUNO) – including drafting of Personal Security Risk Assessment (PSRA) report.
3. Support to UN Agencies: Organize and conduct the meetings of the Area Security Cell. Organize and conduct the meetings of the Area Security Management Team. Create and support Warden system for all UN staffs. Support the UN movements to the camps from Cox’s Bazar through the Security Operations Centre (SOC). Conduct on-arrival security briefing to new UN staffs and visitors. Maintain regular contact with Security Focal Points of UN agencies and assist in security related information and provide technical support. Manage and run the Security Communication System (SCS) through the 24/7 SOC. Conduct a monthly Radio Check of all UN staffs who hold radios.
4. Assist in conducting security training for United Nations personnel: Support the UNDSS team in organizing and conducting Security Awareness Training (SAT). Organize and conduct Warden Training and Table-top exercise for all UN agencies. To be creative in developing and preparing training materials and Lesson Plans. Obtain feedback of the Security Trainings and act on those to further improve the training.
5. To implement Saving Lives Together (SLT) framework: Update the list of SLT partners. Offer them all security assistance under the SLT framework. Organize and conduct monthly security briefing for SLT partners. Offer on-arrival security briefing to their international staff members and Dependents – if any.
6. Any other functions, responsibilities or portfolio which may be assigned by Any other security related tasks assigned by the SA/DSA.
1. Core Values: All UN staffs must display three Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity: 2. Competencies: a. Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed. b. Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings. c. Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently. d. Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
V. Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in security, military or police or related field of work. Previous work experience in the UN is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bangla is required.
- Knowledge and familiarity in native Rohingya language is as asset. Other Skills and Requirements:
- Formal training in Security Risk Management is an asset.
- Knowledge of VHF radio operation.
- Knowledge of host country safety codes.
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- Ability to travel.
- Physically fit. Computer skills required:
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); Special Notice The United Nations is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.