BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
BDO is the largest mid-market professional service provider globally, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise to deliver on all of our clients’ needs. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Our culture is collaborative and personal, and we recognise that to deliver exceptional service, we must provide an empowering and flexible environment for our people.
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support one of our busiest Business Services teams in the Sydney office. This is a great opportunity to work with an established administration team, who are highly experienced and professional. The position will provide on the ground, Executive support to the team of approx. 50 employees and 4 Business Services Partners as well as parental leave coverage for current Executive Assistant. Despite this role initially commencing on a contract basis, there is a high probability of this role successful transitioning into a permanent opportunity.
What you’ll need to succeed
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive diary and calendar management;
- Domestic and international travel coordination;
- Preparation for meetings, presentations, reports and meeting packs as well as minutes and actions;
- Be the gatekeeper, managing phone calls, emails, and various communication channels with a priority on effective responses;
- Coordination of all team events (as well as maintaining an existing social calendar), this includes morning/afternoon tea, lunches & bonding activities;
- Provide extensive ad-hoc support to Partners as required
- Database management and updates, various periodic reporting, creating new clients and any other data maintenance;
- General administrative duties such as scanning, binding, printing, photocopying, archiving files, general filing;
- Completing conflict of interest checks for new & existing clients;
- Distribution of internal and external mail;
- Document management and preparation of engagement materials;
- Billing and expense reconciliations;
- Raising PO’s and managing disbursements as required;
- Banking, deliveries, and organising couriers;
- Work closely with the Team and senior Admin staff (Operations Coordinator & Team Assistant) to ensure the Team is supported;
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality at all times;
- Ad-hoc administration duties as required
- 5+ years experience in a similar professional services role or C-suite equivalent, preferably also in a team environment;
- Tertiary qualification preferred and advantageous;
- Advanced IT skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective relationships at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively;
- Proactive and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Committed to delivering an excellent level of internal and external client service;
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and adaptability to thrive in a dynamic environment;
- Has a ‘can do’, enthusiastic and positive attitude;
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development;
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Rebecca Ainsworth on [email protected]. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST