BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
The team form part of our Cyber Security Global Network (CSGN) of over 2000 specialists worldwide. They will leverage our good practice Cyber Resilience Framework, our relentless industry focus, and local capability to help deliver exceptional cyber security advisory services to our clients.
This combination of capabilities allows us to be relevant to our clients, regardless of their progress along the path to cyber security preparedness, or the scale or complexity of their operations.
As a Manager in our Cyber Security team, you will strengthen and help grow our Cyber Security services practice both locally and nationally. This is client facing role with the responsibility of leading the delivery of Cyber Security projects.
The Cyber Security team provides the following core cyber services:
- GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance), e.g. Cyber resilience assessment, Cyber strategy and roadmap development, Cyber framework implementations (i.e. ISO 27001, NIST, industry specific), cyber awareness training, etc.
- Offensive security services, e.g. penetration testing, social engineering / red teaming, configuration reviews, security validation, SOC validation services, etc.
- Cyber defence services, e.g. Incident response services, cyber security crisis and resilience services, cyber exercises, security operations (design, implementation and validation), cyber threat intelligence services, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading advisory projects in cyber security assessment and/or solutions
- Understanding business strategy, operating models, and business processes, including how technology supports the delivery of business objectives
- Assessing cyber and technology threats and risks, using good practice assessment frameworks and standards (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST SP 800-53)
- Designing and/or implementing cyber security strategies, roadmaps, governance frameworks and operating models based on good practice or standards (e.g. ISO 27001)
- Support Partners with client business development and drafting of proposals and engagement letters.
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team
What you’ll need to succeed
- Solid experience in cybersecurity consulting – external to clients or internal to support business
- Sound knowledge of cyber security industry standards (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST, ACSC Essential 8, etc.)
- University-awarded Bachelor / Masters of Cyber Security or Degree in Information Systems
- Security governance and operating model design and implementations
- A deep understanding of network infrastructure and security architecture principles
- OT/ICS/IoT experience
- Delivering threat risk assessments (IT, IoT, SCADA, Cloud)
- Awareness Training and Education
- Security assurance and attestation services
- Experience with delivering cyber security transformation programs
- Leading / managing security vendors and service providers
- Active involvement in the cyber security community.
- Knowledge of industry trends and regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Knowledge of, or an interest in, developing a knowledge of, security architecture.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
For immediate consideration please click Apply or for further information please contact Maria Aniceto via [email protected]. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST