Education Officer (Learning Recovery), NO-1, Temporary Appointment, 12 months, Bogotá – Colombia
Job no: 562571
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Colombia Division/Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
Department/Office: Bogota, Colombia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2021 to the end of 2024 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence.
We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira, Caquetá, Atlántico, Arauca and Norte de Santander.
For more information visit the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3OopCmEpM
Purpose of the Position
The Education Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the education programmes/projects through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting technical programme information while learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures to support the development and formulation of the Education Programme within the Country Programme.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
The efficiency and efficacy of support provided by the Education Officer to programme preparation, planning and implementation, contributes to the achievement of sustainable results to improve learning outcomes and universal access to quality, equitable and inclusive education. Success in education programmes and projects in turn contribute to maintaining and enhancing the credibility and ability of UNICEF to provide programme services for mothers and children that promotes greater social equality in the country.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required. Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French or Russian) or a local language is an asset.
FIND THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE:
JD Education Officer Level 1 (TA).pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values are Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability & Sustainability
The Core competencies required for the post are:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
View our competency framework at: Get prepared | UNICEF Careers
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Advertised: May 31 2023 SA Pacific Standard Time Application close: Jun 14 2023 SA Pacific Standard Time
Whatsapp Facebook LinkedIn Email App
Back to list
- Closes Jun 14 2023Education Officer (Learning Recovery), NO-1, Temporary Appointment, 12 months, Bogotá – Colombia in Colombia
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and ensuring their right to quality education? UNICEF Colombia is seeking a dedicated and motivated Education Officer NOA (TA) to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to positive change and help shape the future of education in Colombia. Join us in creating a brighter future for Colombia’s children through quality education. and be part of UNICEF’s mission to ensure every child’s right to learn and thrive!