General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- Diplomatic experience or experience working in political affairs with international organizations or governments
- Experience in preparing analytical reports
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Knowledge of regional political history and developments
- Diplomatic and negotiating skills
- Some knowledge of the OSCE principles and commitments
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following: Education: Second-level university degree in political sciences, public or international law, international relations, public policy or another related field; first-level university degree in relevant field(s) in combination with two years of additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of second-level university degree.
Experience: Minimum 10 years relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 5 years at the management level relevant to the actual position.
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements: Mandatory:
- Strong management skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, sections and offices throughout the Mission, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and political views, while maintaining strict impartiality and objectivity;
- Experience in results-based program development and management;
- Experience in dealing with press and media;
- Ability to establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships with public officials (at governmental and municipal levels), diplomatic corps and international organizations, civil society, whilst maintaining strict impartiality and objectivity;
- Ability to plan, implement and solve problems effectively and efficiently;
- Proven experience and ability for effective and efficient strategic planning and leadership;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Computer proficiency especially in word processing and email.
- Regional knowledge and work experience in the area of South-Eastern Europe;
- Experience working in field operation(s).
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Deputy Head of Mission is supporting the Head of Mission in developing and executing OSCE policies, programmes and operations in furtherance of the Mission mandate. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission, as Deputy Head of Mission, you will be performing the following:
- In agreement with the Head of Mission, overseeing and managing the implementation of the Mission mandate, plans and policies, co-ordinating departments/programmes including the related administrative and operational matters;
- Providing strategic advice to the senior management on Mission priorities in such areas as the development of policies and programmes, management and administration;
- Co-ordinating and advising Head of Departments to ensure that the Mission’s programming adheres to the mandate and that objectives are met in accordance with the Mission’s strategic orientation; reporting to the Head of Mission on the Mission’s activities and their progress;
- Ensuring co-operation and integration of programmatic and administrative activities through sound procedures, practices and tools, contributing to a comprehensive approach and consistency in the implementation of the Mission mandate, including in such areas as budget, human resources management and security;
- Liaising, negotiating and maintaining effective communication with external interlocutors such as institutions in North Macedonia, OSCE Secretariat and other executive structures as guided by the Head of Mission;
- Providing guidance, support, performance evaluation, supervision and mentoring to senior staff and other staff in the areas of their responsibility;
- Acting as Gender Focal Point in the Mission;
- Deputizing for the Head of Mission in his/her absence;
- Performing other duties as required
For more detailed information on the work of OSCE Mission to Skopje, please see www.osce.org/skopje
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Skopje
- Requisition ID: SKP000006
- Contract Type: International Secondment
- Grade: DHoM
- Job Level: Senior Management
- Job Type: Seconded
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: SKP – OSCE Mission to Skopje, Skopje
- Issue Date: Jan 20, 2023
- Closing Date: Mar 20, 2023
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Master’s Degree (Second-level university degree or equivalent)
- Target Start Date: 01 September 2023