Position Title : Data Analyst
Duty Station : Home-Based
Classification : Consultancy
Type of Appointment : Consultant Contract (6 months)
Desired Start Date : 01 January 2023
Closing Date : December 12, 2022
Reference Code : CFA072/2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
IOM Thailand’s Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion (LMI) unit works to foster the synergies between labour migration and development, and to promote legal avenues of labour migration as an alternative to irregular migration. Moreover, LMI aims to facilitate the development of policies and programmes that are in the interest of migrants and society, providing effective protection and assistance to labour migrants and their families. Key LMI interventions include policy advice and capacity-building in labour migration management; protection of workers throughout the labour migration process; promotion of ethical recruitment and decent, including supply chains management; information-sharing and awareness-raising; and migrant training and integration.
LMI in IOM Thailand carries out various regional programmes related to Migration, Business and Human Rights, in addition to a number of initiatives carried out directly in partnership with private sector actors. Through these programmes and initiatives, IOM aims to enhance migrant workers’ access to their human and labour rights and promote their fair and ethical recruitment and employment. In this light, IOM carries out assessments to assess the recruitment and employment experiences of migrant workers, through migrant centered human rights due diligence assessments. Through these assessments, IOM aims to provide its partners, primarily private sector actors, with assessment reports and practical recommendations to address the risks of labour exploitation, forced labour and human trafficking of internal and international migrant workers in daily operations and global supply chains.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Against this, IOM seeks a consultant to support during assessments, to carry out any, or a combination, of the following tasks:
- Coding of quantitative surveys in Kobo
- Data cleaning, validation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data gathered during the assessment
- Writing of assessment reports
To carry out above mentioned tasks, IOM provides the consultant with raw data, as well as
examples of previous assessment reports, as to guide report writing.
Prior to each assessment, IOM will provide the consultant with concrete outputs to be
delivered, in line with above mentioned tasks.
While this is not committed, the consultant may expect to work on IOM’s assignments 10 to
15 hours per month. Payments will be made on a monthly basis, based on hours worked.
3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. business development, economics, international development)
- At least 2 years of work experience in data analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- Experience working with R, Python, STATA or other data analysis software.
- Experience developing assessment tools using Kobo.
- Previous experience in working in the UN system is an asset.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Knowledge on labour migration context in Asia and the Pacific is desired.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment and respect diversity.
- Team work oriented but with a capacity to work independently.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required.
4. DESIRABLE COMPENTENCIES
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels
- Delivering results: Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspective
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail [email protected] by December 12, 2022 at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code CFA072/2022 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability
b) a curriculum vitae
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/documents/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls
d) Two writing samples (relevant to labour migration is preferred)
e) Hourly quote/rate for tasks described under Section 2
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 28.11.2022 to 12.12.2022