IOM TUNISIA: VNTN2023-014
CVAC Deputy Team Leader
The UN agency for Migration – IOM Tunisia is looking for a CVAC Deputy Team Leader-G5 according to the terms of reference stipulated below. Apply via SuccessFactor before 15/05/2023.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Position Title: CVAC Deputy Team Leader
Duty Station: Tunis, Tunisia
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed-Term (12 months)
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reference Code: VNTN2023-014
Organizational Context and Scope:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) programme of the unit currently operates in 36 locations across the globe. Over 200 IOM staff work on this programme, assisting over 150,000 migrants annually with all forms of visa applications including temporary and permanent resident visas.Under the supervision of the CVAC Team Leader, the incumbent will act as Deputy Team Leader assisting in the provision of guidance to and oversight of the Centre staff, day-to-day operations, and quality and integrity assurance of the CVAC operated by IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the CVAC Team Leader in the provision of effective daily coordination of all CVAC activities and staff, ensuring dignified, efficient and cost-effective service delivery with integrity, in line with all contractual obligations of IRCC and VFS and with all IOM rules and regulations and CVAC operating procedures.
- Support the CVAC Team Leader in keeping up to date and maintain understanding of contract conditions to facilitate successful inspection results from audits conducted by the Canadian Diplomatic Representation by representatives of IRCC and VFS. Propose actions to address deficiencies in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Support the Team Leader to maintain close liaison and coordination with the relevant IRCC Diplomatic Representation and with the IOM Mission and the relevant teams (finance, integrity, ICT, HR, evaluation) in IOM HQs and offices: collect and report feedback, issues, challenges, appreciations; conduct day to day communication and build of productive and positive relations. Act on behalf of the Team Leader as needed.
- Support the Team Leader in evaluating the workflow and analyzing the processing times in the CVAC; support in the evaluation of IRCC, VFS, and applicants’ feedback; support the Team Leader in the preparation of performance reports for the Sub-Regional Coordinator suggesting solutions and adjustments when requested.
- Support the Team Leader in the provision of capacity building: training, testing, and evaluation of CVAC Client Service Assistants on visa rules, visa policies, IOM regulations and policies; identify training needs and contribute to and implement plans based on feedback, sample checks and spot-check results.
- Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, e-mail, and chat inquiries from clients as appropriate (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Assist in the collection, returning and forwarding of complete applications as per IRCC checklists, including collecting biometrics and ensuring that 99% of biometrics collection is associated with the correct applicant: provide support to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; ensure all packages are affixed with the correct barcode, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants within five business days of request, as required.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and detailed records of all applications and fees received, and biometrics enrolled and report these records daily; submit all weekly and monthly reports within the specified time period.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
CORE COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 1
- Teamwork : Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication : Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 1
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust : Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility : Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
- University degree in Computer Sciences, International Relations, Migration Studies, Social Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles
- Experience in migrant-related programmes OR visa related services.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and national and international institutions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail;
- Team player; 100% integrity
fluency in Fluency in French and English is required (oral and written). Arabic is desirable
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Vaccination against COVID-19 is required. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.