The Contract Manager will work in collaboration with business/functional stakeholders and Contracts/Sourcing Leads as part of the Commercial (Contracts & Sourcing) function to provide sound Contracts management, planning and advice.
Lockheed Martin is a dynamic, growing, and energetic organisation offering stimulating, challenging work at the forefront of technology. Lockheed Martin is a leader in Australia’s National Security, and our collaboration with Australian industry spans the Aeronautics, Maritime, Surveillance and Defence domains. We employ approximately 114,000 staff worldwide, and over 1200 staff in Australia across multiple locations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive contractual performance through negotiation, strategy development, improvement initiatives and provision of expert commercial advice
- Identify innovative commercial solutions to improve delivery performance, reduce costs and create value for money
- Provide expert commercial oversight, management and governance to the business within assigned responsibility
- Work with customer and subcontractors to develop relationships, commercial strategies and plans to improve business delivery, supplier performance and customer satisfaction
- Tailor contracts and subcontracts to incorporate business, supplier and customer efficiencies during negotiations for contract initiation and contract changes
- Increase business revenues through efficiencies and new business opportunities
As a Contract Manager within our Commercial functional team, and an important contributor to developing others, it will be important that you value and have the ability to coach, mentor and provide technical commercial counsel and support to team members at all levels within their careers.
- Extensive experience in negotiation and resolution of complex issues to achieve a positive, commercially focused outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Contract Management, Commerce, Law, etc.) and/or extensive relevant experience
- Significant contracts and subcontracts experience along with refined leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge of business management policies and procedures
- Significant Commercial skills and specialised understanding of commercial approaches in a multi domain environment
- Excel in customer, strategic supplier and senior stakeholder engagement with the aim of shaping optimal commercial outcomes for the business
- Significant ASDEFCON background / experience
- Advanced knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory standards, business management policies and procedures
Demonstrated experience working within an engineering or project environment (preferably within the defence industry).
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current or re-instatable Baseline Defence Security Clearance.
What we offer you:
At Lockheed Martin Australia we empower you to be your best. Our Destination Wellbeing portfolio will guide you on your journey to take greater control of your time, life, wealth, and health.
Access to purchase additional leave, blood door, emergency services and military leave, are just some of the ways we provide you with the flexibility to manage your time away from work.
Your financial wellbeing is important, and we provide access to novated lease’s, discount care hire, and Qantas club corporate rates.
You can create your own learning and development experience with access to multiple learning platforms, where you can build your skills through a number of resources including Percipio, Blue Ocean Brain and many other digital learning academies.
Together we can make a difference.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what’s right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees’ unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.
Contracts Manager | LM Careers