We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a Carbon Accounting Lead to join our Finance and Business Services Directorate!
You will support the delivery of National Highways ambitious Net Zero plan and be responsible for reporting corporate carbon.
This is an exciting and challenging role where you will have the opportunity to develop new processes, and provide specialist guidance to stakeholders across the business.
We are keen to hear from individuals who have previous experience or responsibility of reporting corporate KPI performance.
This role can be based from any of the following locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Bedford, Guildford, Manchester or Leeds.
What you will be leading on
- Designing & producing reports and dashboards to evidence achievement of Net Carbon Zero KPI targets for Director/ Board level.
- Translating the implications of future forecasts, business decisions, risks and opportunities to provide visibility on the impact of achieving targets.
- Developing guidance and manuals to ensure consistent application of concepts across the business and to provide assurance of our approach for audit purposes.
- Creating a governance model to support change processes.
- Champion the principles of Net Zero Carbon and sharing best practise through regular engagement and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Building a network of relationships and working in collaboration with stakeholders such as estates, strategy & planning and audit to achieve results.
To be successful you’ll need
- Qualified Accountant/qualified by experience ideally with experience of Carbon Accounting.
- Experience of tracking and monitoring corporate performance indicators.
- Experience in creating new processes to capture robust performance data ensuring application of specialist carbon knowledge.
- Ability to understand analyse complex information and present to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong analysis skills to draw out risks, challenge forecasts and the associated implications to the business.
- Experience of supporting business change initiatives and behavioural change.
A bit about us
Delivery is a huge collective exercise, with collaboration between Finance and Business Services – FBS – and every other part of the business. Getting it right means success for us all. Our remit in FBS is very broad – and there is a lot to do.