Job Title: : Business Support Associate
Duration: : 1 year (renewable)
Post Grade: : G6
Duty Station : Accra
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Business Support Associate will be responsible for the following duties.
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
- Maintain the Country Directors schedule and directory of WFP Ghana’s partners and donors contact listing ensure that they are current.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Handle protocols for the Country Director’s office eDbR8Tl BIpnb
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing duties
- Other duties as and when required.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
- Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language : Fluency and good command of the English language is essential.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit their applications and CV stating 3 references online to: www1.wfp.org/careers/job.openings and follow the steps.
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
People living with disability are also encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates meeting the criteria will be contacted.
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment.