With a National network of over 100 branches, Middy’s is the largest independent electrical wholesaler in Australia and have been in business for over 90 years. Our size and geographic diversity provides career options in broad and diverse employment areas throughout Australia. Supported by our core values our focus on customer service and innovation is leading the industry in staff development and customer satisfaction.
We are seeking an ambitious and motivated person to provide operations leadership to the team in our Seymour Branch. You will be passionate about building a strong, customer-focused team that keeps raising the standards in delivering excellent customer service. This means leading from the front, showing initiative, and being actively involved in all aspects of Branch operations. Become a key driver of branch improvements and efficiencies.This is not a role for people that like managing from a computer in an office.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the Branch
• Ensure the right disciplines and structures are in place to drive consistency, cost effectiveness and practical outcomes.
• Ability to build long term relationships with customers
• Successful and proven leadership skills
• Ability to coach and influence team members with exceptional service that grows profitable relationships
• Support training and development
• Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems
• Maintain & improve the profitable sales of the Branch
• Analysing daily, weekly, monthly reports and working with the team to action and follow up tasks
• Aim to increase the benchmark GP%
• Oversee purchasing & inventory control
• Credit Control and recovery of outstanding debt.
• Security & maintenance of the premises, equipment & vehicles
• Liaison with other Branches & Branch Support Centre
• Balancing & banking daily cash receipts
• Ensure company compliance standards are followed
• Some lifting involved
A willingness to continue training & development is essential.
Fortnightly Pay Cycle
The successful candidate will be required to be vaccinated against Covid-19, undergo a pre-employment medical including Drug & Alcohol screening.
Middy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.