APS4 Passport Case Officer
Our Federal Government client is currently seeking experienced Passport Case Officers to join their team at the APS4 level. Within this role, you will provide assistance and guidance in the production and personalization of official documents.
- Perform internal/external correspondence, client service, notarial duties, personalization support, custodian, telephone enquiries, spoils and destruction, eligibility, supervisory duties for small to medium offices.
- Respond to notarial enquiries from members of the public.
- Facilitate the coordination of workflow, workload, and resource allocation priorities as they relate to the eligibility of document tasks as well as provide assistance with face-to-face interviews of clients to enable legal document issuance.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the document legalization process and relevant international legal conventions to be able to make informed decisions.
- Provide advice and support to other staff in relation to issuing of documentation in line with the Department’s guidelines and international legal requirements.
- Deliver courteous, prompt, and professional client service when providing guidance to the public on document matters and document legalization processes through various channels including face-to-face, telephone or in writing.
- Document processing including decision-making and recommendations on the eligibility of applicants for documents by providing appropriate determinations that are informed by relevant legislation, regulation, policies, and guidelines.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve moderately-complex to complex document eligibility and related issues. Suggest solutions to senior officers as appropriate when escalating matters.
- Liaise and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to keep abreast of developments related to the issue of documents and other operational areas.
- Contribute to the provision of advice, assistance and guidance on document eligibility matters and the extent to which they comply with relevant legislation, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- May be required to perform straightforward or routine client interviews.
- Effective communication, both orally and written is essential as officers will communicate with colleagues, members of the public, government agencies and other external organizations regularly.
- Complete other administrative duties related to delivery of document programme as required.
- Ability to perform high speed and accurate data entry, document preparation, scanning, personalization, crop, document/photo exceptions re-work if required.
- Meet deadlines, required work outputs and performance expectations in line with Performance Frameworks.
- Apply attention to detail, accuracy and produce high quality work in line with Quality thresholds.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, regulation, guidelines, policies, and procedures across diplomatic and consular relations.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant domestic and international legal frameworks, broader government policies and how the department engages with them.
- Effective use of business applications, tools and new technology to streamline internal processes and service delivery to the Australian public.
- Ability to effectively manage themselves to achieve timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, advocate, represent and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solved utilizing good judgement and managing risks.
- A high degree of flexibility is required to respond to changes in workloads, priorities, and procedures.
- High attention to detail.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
SOS Recruitment is committed to the principles of workplace diversity and equity in employment, and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, women, people with family responsibilities, people with diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds, religious beliefs and LGBTIQ people.
This opportunity is within the Australian Public Service. In order to be considered, please note that candidates must be an Australian Citizen at time of application.
Please be advised If the closing date has passed for the particular position(s) you are interested in, we still encourage an application. Occasionally late applications are accepted and in addition we will retain your resume on our system for other positions as they arise.