WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Grade : General Service Level 5
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Number of Post : 1
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Myitkyina
Report to : Head of Myikyina Area office
VA Number :556223
Date of Publication: 2 March 2023
Deadline of Application: 16 March 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Only. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-formoney oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Head of Admin/Finance/HR and overall supervision by the Head of Field Office in Myitkyina, the incumbent will perform the following duties.
- Extract and input data from various sources in administrative, and other WFP corporate systems. Extract, input, review for accuracy and file data from various sources.
- Maintain a selected number of administrative control records, such as for commitments and expenditures, travel, insurance, procurement and other.
- Initiate and process administrative actions such as those found in human resources, travel, procurement, disbursement.
- Assist in monitoring status of expenditures and allotments through WFP corporate systems, record variations, update budget tables and consolidate data for budget review.
- Make computations, calculations and estimates and prepare reports or assist in the preparation of periodic reports including forms, tables, charts and other.
- Draft correspondence relating to the area of responsibility; Design and update charts and tables utilizing graphic tools, design hard copy and computer resident forms; initiate, update and track computer assisted processing of administrative actions.
- Assist with day-to-day administration of contracts with external contractors; check contractor’s invoice against the goods and services provided payments.
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of statistical data from computer files, records, reports or from other sources for internal/external use; provide basic analysis of the data as requested.
- Arrange meetings such as workshops and seminars; Make travel arrangements in line with administrative rules and procedures; Set up, classify and maintain files; Initiate and modify automated transactions. Assist in training and support of users of technology and systems, such as audio/videoconferences, meetings, databases, registries, networks, etc;
- Maintain inventory of material and/or database of information, such as, computer related equipment, communications equipment, website content, training material, etc.
- Maintain logs or archives of information, such as computer related logs, trouble tickets, directories, website publications, registries, data warehouses, reports, etc.
- Assist in the deployment/dissemination of standard material, such as, computer hardware and/or software, applications, programs, directories, telephony, web content, publications, database content, training material, etc;
- Assist in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such as backing up data, monitoring network and systems, servers and peripherals, running systems diagnostics, patch management and system optimization, removing viruses and bad data, etc.
- Administer user access to systems and databases, monitor system and application usage.
- Assist in resolution of problems by monitoring inboxes and responding to queries, identifying and forwarding issues to the appropriate person.
- Assist in electrical infrastructure and generator maintenance
- Perform other related duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Preferably University Degree in business administration and/ or a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative and IT work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in Myanmar, and English is required while communicable in local dialect at the duty station will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings ). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
This email is only to be used for any accessibility requirement in terms of application and not for sending the application itself.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee onAdministrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAOFinance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similarbodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service andwithin three years of ceasing that service.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
- Leading by example with integrity,
- Driving results and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Applying strategic thinking,
- Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.