The Office of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Accra invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Business Support Assistant
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Post Grade: SC LS
Duty Station: Accra
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator for Food Systems, the Business Support Assistant will be responsible for the following duties.
• Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents, and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
• Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
• Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff.
Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
• Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
• Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
• Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
• Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties
• Any other duties as assigned
• Any other duties as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or related to the above as advertised
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
• Five or more years of progressively relevant work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
• Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals to provide a high-quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: Fluency and good command of the English language is essential.