Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Welcome Assistant in its delegation in Kyiv.
The Welcome Assistant helps ensure that Welcome activities are organized smoothly, including coordination of pick-up/drop-off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas, permits, official registration and accommodation.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Organizes pick-up and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) for staff and guests.
- Organizes mobile and resident staff travel (plane, train, bus, etc.) by the most effective costs/mean and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airports, stations, etc.
- Provides consultation for mobile and resident staff members in complex questions related to travel and hotel accommodation in accordance with ICRC Travel Policy and iDevelop Policy
- Organizes communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarters regarding staff travel.
- Organizes middle and large events/meetings/seminars (more than 15 pax.), in coordination with the parties concerned.
- Assist Welcome Responsible in searching for new venues.
- Keeps all appropriate databases and filling system up to date on mobile staff members, missions and other travel, document validity, residences and any other relevant information schools, airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Provides support to mobile staff in beginning of mission (BoM) / end of mission (EoM) instructions and clarifications
- Assists the Welcome department in all administrative activities as requested.
- Interacts with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc.
- Coordinates with Finance in finalising invoices, supporting documents and their payments
- Handles in rotation the cash flow in the department settling the working advance prior to taking a new one.
- Business cards ordering
- Handles distribution of mobile phones and follows up their receipt back upon end of mission (EoM) of a Delegate.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school or professional school.
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Computer proficiency.
- Professional Experience required
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 calendar work days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/