The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Coordinator
Job Identification Number: 7525
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of contract: Till December (renewable)
Reporting line: Wash Project Manager
Grade: 7 in NRC’s grading structure
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Wash Coordinator to join our Wash team in Maiduguri Area Office.
- The purpose of the WASH Coordinator position is to implement delegated Core Competencies project portfolio by increasing the level of relevant skills and knowledge through the provision of a range of activities.
- To be successful in this role you will be a confident communicator with excellent relationship building skills, capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives across the Area.
- If you are highly organized individual, comfortable with working in an emergency environment and have previous experience in wash, we would love to hear from you!
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways of delivering assistance
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute with WASH specific technical competence to the development of wash strategy, Micro Log Frame, and Plan of Action
- Participate in coordinating WASH specific technical assessment as well as multi sector needs assessments and present recommendations
- Provide WASH specific technical input to coordination mechanism (e.g. sector coordination) and working groups
- Provide support to M and E activities including provision of technical indicators, data and other mechanism for M&E
- Contribute to the development of WASH specific technical guidance, tools and mechanism
- Coordinate activities related to WASH infrastructure construction and hygiene promotion
- Preparing weekly, monthly progress reports and others documents required for the donor
- Performs any other duties as requested by the WASH Project Manager.
We are Looking For
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering / Public Health / Geology / Water Resources or any WASH related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience from working with wash projects in a humanitarian/recovery context. Experience from working with social work and/or with distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 3 years’ work experience in community based water, Sanitation programs; Work experience with an NGO is desirable
- Must have knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements and protocols
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of water Hygiene and Sanitation service delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
- Must have previous experience in training and Training of Trainers and Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required and
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, Arc Gis and Google Earth is strongly desirable
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2022 (01:00 AM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
- This position is open to National candidates only.
- We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.