Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Supply Chain Assistant
Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification : General Service, G5 (please refer to UN Salary Scale for
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term Contract with possibility of
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 20th, 2023
Reference Code : VN2023/008SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the
leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane
and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to
governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) and
direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Support Assistant; and, in
collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the
successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receive and consolidate all procurement requisition forms; verify they have all the
required information and comply with the Purchase Authorization Matrix and other office
instructions and obtain any necessary additional information.
- Assist supervisors in more complex, higher-value purchases.
Prepare tender documents, solicit bids and quotations as applicable; prepare bid analysis summary and share it with the requesting unit; may participate in the evaluation process and provide technical inputs.
4. Once the purchase is approved, confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers, prepare the relevant documentation (purchase order, contract, etc.) and coordinate the required authorizations.
5. Monitor status of open requisitions and follow up on the timely delivery of goods and services; upon delivery, coordinate with the receiving unit to obtain satisfactory delivery notes.
6. Review vendor invoices, prepare payment requests and coordinate with Finance the timely payment to suppliers/service providers.
7. Create and maintain physical and electronic records of all documentation through the procurement cycle in accordance with IOM instructions and procedures; retrieve, present and analyse information from the system and prepare periodic reports highlighting issues that require attention.
8. Conduct market surveys to identify potential new suppliers/service providers; participate in their evaluation regarding quality, prices and services in line with the organization’s best interests.
9. Keep track of any contractual agreements and inform concerned parties for timely renewal; monitor office supplies and service and prepare requisitions when required and coordinate with Finance Unit the payment of utilities invoices.
10. Provide briefing and technical guidance to all staff in the office on procurement related instructions and procedures.
- Perform logistics tasks related to property and asset management, warehousing, insurance coverage, maintenance, and transportation.
- Coordinate fleet operations activities including preparation of daily vehicle schedule, monitoring of vehicle logbooks, and coordination of vehicle maintenance.
- Provide training and guidance to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
• High school diploma with five years of relevant professional experience
• Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is an advantage
• Experience in procurement and logistics and working with vendors and service providers;
• Experience with asset management process;
Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage
• Experience working in an international organization an advantage
• High level of computer literacy
• Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
• Ability to work with national and international institutions;
• Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by February 20th, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
• For salary range please refer to: https://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/elsalvad.htm
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 02.02.2023– 20.02.2023