Special Vacancy Notice
Open to Internal and External Candidates (1 position)
Position Title: Monitoring , Reporting and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification: National Officer
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Contract – NOA Graded, SST G -9 months – With Possibilities of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : March 9, 2023
Reference Code : SVN 2023/005 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internalcandidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Program “Integrated Responses on Migration from Central America” (IRM) funded by the United Stated Development Agency (USAID) is a five-year that contribute to safe, orderly, and regular migration in Central America towards addressing gaps in fundamental aspects of sustainable reintegration and integration needs of migrants. The Program is implemented in Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
Under the direct supervision of the Subregional Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation Officer, and overall supervision of the Subregional Program Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Prepare result-based interim and final program reports, as well as ad-hoc and situation update reports, for internal and external counterparts, including the donor, partners, government agencies and IOM offices, based on the program objectives, and subregional and national workplan.
- Provide technical guidance to IOM program implementing missions team to develop workplans and monitor and report progress in implementing activities, including building staff capacities in M&E.
- Review on a regular basis monitoring and evaluation plans to secure the relevance of the activities with program objectives.
- Monitor data collection and other actions to develop documents that contribute to knowledge management on the program.
- Maintain a clear and accurate information collection system to ensure Program´s subregional coordination a close and systematic monitoring of the Program activities, its implementation status, and the corresponding means of verification.
- Develop and constantly improve standardized monitoring and evaluation tools and guidelines for the program.
- Alert the program´s subregional coordination in a timely manner about irregularities or challenges that arise for adequate decision-making and recommend actions.
- Facilitate the exchange of relevant information for national teams on quantitative and qualitative monitoring of ongoing activities, including their impact.
- Contribute to a program´s knowledge management initiatives through the collection and review of knowledge products such as research, reports, toolboxes, guidelines, etc. related to the topics addressed by the program.
- Develop knowledge products such as systematization of experiences/Good practices and lessons learnt.
- Mainstream gender in monitoring and evaluation activities, including reports and knowledge management products.
- Collect information on the results of the program to make them visible in program’s communication materials (both internal and external), such as intranet and Web page.
- Prepare inputs for presentations and speeches, based on program´s information.
- Contribute with strategic recommendations for the planning stage of the program.
- Participate in monitoring missions, including leading data collection and other activities.
- Other functions as assigned by the program subregional coordination, in accordance with their professional capabilities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in in social sciences, or related careers such as political science, international relations; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.Experience in customer service.
- Strong experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, preferably in migration-related projects, including migrant protection and assistance, policy development and implementation of training activities.
- Experience working with international cooperation and international humanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge of UN, USAID and other donor´s Monitoring and Evaluation requirements will be an advantage.
- Experience in implementing knowledge management processes will be an advantage.
- Strong Office software skills: Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, among others.
- Strong experience with statistical, database and design software (e.g. STATA, SPSS, Access, PowerBiPublisher and/or InDesign) will be an advantage.
- Strong skills in the analysis and synthetization of means of verification for the development of results-based progress reports.
- Experience in stakeholder impact analyses.
- Facilitation of processes: Capacity to accompany and propitiate spaces for significant learning (useful for change).
- Active listening: Capacity to understand the judgement of others with respect and openness.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative approaches in social science research.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of impact evaluations.
- Demonstrated skills and experience to work with a variety of stakeholders and partners including trade unions and employers and government.
- Proficient in information technology Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, web browsers, use of database applications).
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: [email protected] by March 9, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by March 9 , 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
- Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.