Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Duty Station: Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala
Classification: General Service Staff,
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Contract Graded – G5, 9 months – With Possibilities of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: February 24, 2023
Reference Code: SVN2023/003 GT
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments andmigrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internalcandidates are considered as first-tier candidates
The Program “Integrated Responses on Migration from Central America” (IRM) funded by the United Stated Development Agency (USAID) is a six-year that contribute to safe, orderly, and regular migration in Central America towards addressing gaps in fundamental aspects of sustainable reintegration and integration needs of migrants. The Program is implemented in Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
Under the primary supervision of the Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation Officer in El Salvador and secondary supervision of the IRM National Coordinator in Guatemala, the successful candidate will be responsible to carry out the below activities as the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant in Guatemala.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support in the design, development and implementation of the Monitoring andEvaluation (M&E) activities of the Integrated Responses on Migration Program (IRM)not limited to results matrix, work plans and monitoring of compliance with indicators, inclose coordination with the Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation Officer.
- Assist in the design and development of new M&E tools. Ex: dashboard & other innovative templates.
- Support new project development and upscaling of existing projects.
- Support program reporting, timely collect data – guaranteeing IOM data protection principles – in liaison with the different project staff, using various methodologies and tools including surveys, interviews, focus groups, among others.
- In coordination with the operations team, compile and analyze periodic donor reports in line with the M&E plans and agreed reporting schedules.
- Update program´s results matrix in line with the agreed times and update the calendar with the reporting times of the Program.
- Carry out visits and / or monitoring calls to the beneficiaries within the terms established in the programs and cases in which it is required.
- Assist in the adaptive learning and community response and feedback activities across all project activities.
- Develop a clear and innovative presentations of the program data (power point presentations, information sheets).
- In coordination with the Communication unit, document the process and activities of on-going projects such as capturing case stories for donor reports, website, SitReps and newsletters based on M&E activities in the project sites.
- Liaise with the Communications team and the Finance Officer to ensure adherence to the visibility guidelines and compliance to all donor specific requirements.
- Support the program team in planning and organizing meetings, workshops, events, dialogues and/or consultations.
- Conduct capacity building activities to support project staff and implementing partners staff on M&E, reporting and adaptive learning.
- Serve as primary contact of the projects on all data management matters.
- Maintain timely updated and organized results and progress matrix of all the program’s indicators.
- Contribute to the analysis and reporting of all the program’s progress, as well as the identification of good practices and lessons learned.
- Support the internal and / or external evaluations of the program.
- Conduct training on IOM specific tools such as PRIMA and MIMOSA
- Develop administrative tasks assigned to him.
- Any other activity assigned according to needs of the RPD unit.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- University degree in International Relations, International Development, Political Science, Statistics or other related careers from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience, preferably in Evaluation and Monitoring or similar roles.
- High School Certificate with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Good management of data processing programs: Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, as well as other programs from the Office suite or other systems.
- Experience with statistical, database, and design software (eg, STATA, SPSS, Access, Publisher, and / or InDesign) will be an asset.
- Work experience with international cooperation and international humanitarian organizations.
- Knowledge of the M&E requirements of the UN, USAID and other donors will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in immigration and / or development will be an advantage
- High degree of judgment and initiative; ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] by by February 24, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
- Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to fundingconfirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit forappointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and securityclearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. Itshould state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and inEnglish.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken intoconsideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name ofthe position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in theCountry.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.