Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stories Producer
Contract Type: Fixed term contract 2 years’ (renewable) with flexible working
Purpose of Role
- Our Content and Stories team respond to briefs from across Sightsavers programme countries, delivering consistent messaging and audience-focussed communications that cut through to drive change.
- We are actively recruiting enthusiastic and considerate global Stories Producers who are keen to join us in this venture.
About the Role of Global Stories Producer
- Our global Stories Producers are points of contact for all stories from key areas of our work.
- You’ll form close relationships with project delivery and technical teams to identify stories opportunities.
- And you’ll use your passion for photography, filmmaking, and first-person testimonies to deliver them. Working with creative suppliers, project implementation staff and our two regional stories leads.
- You’ll also help us deliver on our commitment to responsible, participatory, and inclusive storytelling.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Stories lead for a key programme area- lead on stories collection to meet stakeholder requirements and fulfil the story calendar; working with multiple teams and freelancers to deliver against the story objectives; managing story collection projects; proactively identifying story opportunities within an assigned thematic area; enhance creativity in delivery of storytelling; promoting participation and inclusion
- Support strategic development and delivery of stories- represent the stories function and contribute to delivering the communications strategy; share insights into existing stories and opportunities for story collection; respond to creative briefs and lead creative development; evaluate the success of stories through reflective documented learnings; support development and delivery of stories training amongst multiple teams; build a network of creative freelancers such as photographers and filmmakers.
- Stories preparation – collate all relevant pictorial stories to load onto database; liaising with the Digital asset manager to tailor inspirational stories to share.
- Safeguarding and responsible storytelling – promote ethical storytelling and content usage across all activities; guiding and educating story users on the importance of responsible representation; championing best practice.
- Cross-team collaboration and learning – Advocate first class ethical storytelling across the creative and social media teams; contribute to creative learning
- Previous work experience as a Stories Producer, ideally within international development
- Can build relationships and garner great stories whilst identifying what makes a ‘good’ story
- Professional experience working in a global team to successfully plan and deliver stories collection activity
- Can critically assess written, photographic and video material
- Able to write inspirational and clear creative briefs
- Previous experience in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Solid understanding of content ethics and debates about representation
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people living with a disability
- Robust knowledge of online and offline communication channels
- Current and ongoing right to work in one of the listed countries
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Able to contract talent from a network of creative contacts, photographers, filmmakers
- Professional experience working in Africa and/or Asia
Local Terms and Conditions Apply.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 14 November onwards. This will be a two-stage interview process. First stage will be a virtual interview. Successful candidates will then be invited to complete a written task and attend a second virtual interview.
- As an equal opportunity Employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
- Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.