With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
To provide technical leadership and visionary direction needed to promote a culture of learning and discipline in the skills and practice of Strategy Development and DME throughout World Vision Ghana. The role is a key player in the development of WV Ghana’s strategy and capacity to focus strategically on initiatives which generate higher quality programming management leading to measurable and sustainable development.
The Senior Program Effectiveness Manager (SPEM) will support the transformation of World Vision Ghana into a learning and evidence-driven organization, ensuring effective systems and processes to ensure best practice across the National Office. The SPEM will be contributing to the implementation of WVG Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategy across the organization in responds to the following strategic objectives: implement an evidence-driven approach, leveraging the use of technology to improve data quality and enabling real-time monitoring, learning and decision-making.
The position holder effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
The Senior Programme Effective Manager will report to the Strategy and Integrated Programmes Director, lead the Program Effectiveness Unit and working in close cooperation with the PME Manager and team.
Technical Leadership And Support
- Provide technical support in the development, monitoring and reporting on the National Office Strategy.
- Ensure that the National Office thematic strategic objectives are aligned to the WV Partnership and Regional Guidelines and monitoring of the same is consistently done to ensure compliance and impact towards the well-being of the child.
- Direct the successful development and implementation of technically feasible approaches and programs in WVG ministry.
- Ensure Program Effectiveness and Insights in collaborating with other departments and external experts on the development of research initiatives, designed to assess the impact of WVGs various Technical Programs and other interventions.
- Ensure that all program interventions in Program Effectiveness are effectively supported in terms of the assessment, design, implementation, baseline, monitoring, evaluation, transition, Learning and Documentation.
- Provide effective leadership to staff within the Program Effectiveness Unit; Ensure that professional development activities, including appraisals, , monitoring and needed training and mentoring activities are successfully carried out;
- Enable the relevant Technical Specialists to receive timely and appropriate D,M & E technical support needed to meet or exceed donor performance and compliance expectations
- Take lead in conducting periodic peer reviews to check for alignment and compliance to WV Partnership standards.
- Provide support for all research related intervention and projects within the Quality Assurance group
- Ensure organization wide quality data management and innovations through e – platforms such as Horizon, GTRN and other databases.
- Ensure the consolidation of a learning culture – based upon evidenced based best practices and industry standards – to enable program staff to achieve and/or surpass established targets and standards and;
- Impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate and empower a new generation of technical specialists within WVG.
- Building capacity of Technical leads and all DME processes and recommend actions appropriately.
- Ensure that Program Effectiveness is mainstreamed in all WVG operations.
- Ensure the successful development, elaboration and roll out of implementation strategies and operational guidelines in response to child well -being priorities;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of child well-being targets into program and project designs.
- Coordinate and ensure the timely submission of a quality and comprehensive Child well-being annual report
- Ensure the use of appropriate indicators to track the implementation and progress of National Office strategy.
- Direct and ensure quality, focus and feasibility in the DM&E processes in WVG including but not limited to development, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Direct and ensure that program/project interventions are designed and developed not only in alignment with a fully integrated three track ministry approach but also in compliance with WV, Donor, GOK, SPHERE and other accepted norms and standards;
- Direct the provision and/or establishment of needed tools, methodological approaches, technical assistance, training / capacity building, DME support and accompanying business processes to ensure that programs achieve or surpass WV child wellbeing objectives
- Ensure that business processes, standards and policies are developed in coordination with other WVG entities that support program interventions for DM&E and Technical Approaches are aligned with WV, donor and other relevant standards;
- Ensure that APs/grants have appropriate designs, development approaches and processes in place that result in sustainable and impactful programs that meet WVI key performance indicators and acceptable audit results (operational).
- Ensure the successful development, elaboration and roll out of urban development strategy and programming;
- Ensure effective engagement with Government Departments, Regional technical/sector representatives and support offices
- Ensure successful engagement of P.E team with the relevant internal and external stakeholders, including other WVG entities (FSS, PAS) as well as Support Office, Global Centre, national and international research entities, government, church and other civil society representatives.
- Ensure necessary linkages are established with WARO and other learning centers for purposes for program effectiveness.
- Ensure technical support to sector related concepts and proposals to meet DM&E and donor standards
- Enable the relevant Program Effectiveness staff to provide the RAM unit the relevant technical support required to successfully meet or exceed established yearly resource acquisition targets;
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces e.g. Senior Management Committee
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- The position holder should have a Master’s degree in any of the fields of Social Sciences Business Administration—Program Management/Strategic Management,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a thorough understanding of all areas of Strategic Management -project management cycles in a complex, international development organization especially in designing, planning, implementing, supervising and reporting on integrated development, relief and/or advocacy projects
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred.
- The position holder must be results oriented and team a player.
- Knowledge of WVI working systems, policies and standards will be an advantage.
- They must have a good understanding of management, business processes and standards
- They must have conceptual understanding and demonstrated practical command for project life cycle management and evaluation principles:
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated leader who can manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- He /she must also have solid public relations skills and be a strong team player.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge And Experience
List academic, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
- Skills and experience in LEAP/DM&E/CWB
- Sufficient knowledge of World Vision’s LEAP tools and ability to train others
- Training or certification in Portfolio and/or Program Management with accredited institutions.
- Ability to engage at a strategic level with senior government, UN and INGO officials.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome-oriented approach.
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results-oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy donors and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, and physical hardship conditions.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Adequate skills in planning and conducting research
- Ability to work and contribute to team building environment especially in a matrix reporting system
- Computer literate.
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Program management skills
- DME skills
- People Management skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Include travel & work environment details.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: As required.