- The Senior Mining Applications Specialist provides dedicated support for applications and database systems used at operations and in regional operations support hub.
- Provides technical insights to optimize systems and ensure superior availability for deployed technologies in the field.
- The role will support mine site personnel with the functionality, capability and improvements of critical Operations Technology (OT) software applications related to mining and/or processing technology.
In This Role You Will:
Operations Application Support
- Provide production applications support for a multitude of mining and processing technology and systems.
- Plan and coordinate production support, maintenance, updates and patching of systems defined in the scope of this role.
- Closely work with site technology team members collaborating and leading efforts to solve technical problems in the field.
Operation Applications Management and Planning
- Provide a disciplined approach to change management ensuring testing procedures have been carried out prior to production rollout of change.
- Review existing systems and identify areas for improvement in the areas of scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Establish and maintain technology vendor and partner relationships.
- Investigate, review and recommend change to applications where appropriate and collaborate with stake holders to rollout approved enhancements.
Team Leadership, Vendor Relationship & Change Management
- Collaborate with colleagues in Operations Technology to ensure changes and recommendations made are in alignment with solution road maps.
- Collaborate and participate with industrial and academic leaders both inside and outside the mining industry to discover, implement and utilize value added, methods and/or technologies.
- Responsible for the maintenance of system monitoring tools and responding to issues identified
- Maintain the integrity of data interfaces (API’s) and logic to optimize dataflow.
- Migrating applications or databases across different platform.
- Works closely with the Data & Analytics team to provide reporting solutions for the site operations teams.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Information Technology field , Computer Science, or other related field
- Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiating, organization development, change management, technology trends, strategic planning, action planning and management required for successful performance.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Mining Operations and Processing applications support.
- Has an understanding of project management: budget reporting, control, and forecasting.
- Has an overall understanding of the objectives and functions of the Company, business units and departments serviced by Information Technology.
- Experience in writing code, development of interface logic (API’s) and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Five to ten years progressively responsible experience in technology support.
- Must have exposure to general business functions and business process redesign for operating efficiency gains and cost reduction.
- Experience working with vendors, dealers, consultants and other contracted services.
- Directs the resolution of business problems applying analytical thought and judgment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, previous leadership, management and supervisory experience, and the ability to achieve results through others.
- Self-driven individual focused on service with strong skills for issue resolution.
- Adept at managing teams of employees and vendors in a matrix environment and from multiple cultures.
- Ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions, and take action.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation.
- Influences business through improved understanding of technology issues, balances competing priorities within business groups and across Information Technology (IT) functional groups.
|Job category :
IT, new technologies
Chemistry, petrochemistry, raw materials, mining
|Employment type :
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
Ashanti – Brong Ahafo – Central – Eastern – Greater Accra – Northern – Upper East – Upper West – Volta – Western
|Experience level :
5 to 10 years
|Educational level :
|Key Skills :