BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
BDO has experienced teams across Australia offering a range of risk advisory services to businesses and organisations in both the private and public sectors.
We provide clients technology risk and assurance services to enable strong governance, risk and compliance practices which support your business objectives. We can help you to identify and address risks in areas including compliance, cyber security, IT projects and technology effectiveness. Our technology specialists draw on significant experience implementing risk-based, business-centric IT solutions.
As Senior Manager in our Tech Risk team, you will be responsible for driving campaigns to increase capability and competency within our team, aligned to key client objectives that you will identify through your client engagements. You will own key client relationships and deliver multiple client engagements through effective use of our whole Advisory team of professionals.
This role will work as part of the Sydney Risk Advisory team, responsible for supporting the Partners in the development of IT Risk Advisory business, execution of IT RAS projects, handling client matters, building team performance at both an individual and team level and ensure operational excellence in engagement delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in building and mentoring a team of highly skilled IT risk staff.
- Manage a varied portfolio of clients across a range of industry sectors, with a focus on IT risk, controls and assurance.
- Supervise and undertake fieldwork and prepare written reports or deliverables of a high quality and standard, adhering to budgets and timelines.
- Understand and apply the firm’s professional delivery standards to deliver high-quality, insightful advice and exceptional client service.
- Drive the continuous improvement of current practice processes, tools and methodologies.
- Drive growth initiatives and business development of the practice while working with Partners / Senior Management and other service lines across the broader BDO team.
- Oversee teams of consultants to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and to the expected level of quality.
- Work closely with other senior leaders to develop new business opportunities and drive business growth and development.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies, providing thought leadership to the team and our clients.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior consultants, helping them to develop their skills and grow in their careers
What you’ll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be passionate, driven and can work effectively as part of a team and individually. You’ll be joining a talented and diverse team who are motivated and highly engaged. We are looking for a like-minded individual who thrives under pressure and enjoys working in an agile environment.
Your solid experience in a client-facing/advisory role in technology risk along with a strong consulting background will see you as a strong contender for this role.
Knowledge and experience relating to any of the following advisory areas below would be highly regarded:
- Technology, Accounting or business related tertiary qualification
- Certifications or qualifications relevant to the role (CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CSX-P, CISSP) • Exposure to auditing or reviews of data centres, IT infrastructure, ICT Strategic Plans
- Experience in auditing Software as a Service (SaaS) or other Managed IT Services
- Experience in providing assurance of Third Party Outsourced operations (SOC 2, CPS234, ASAE3402, GS007 etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Management systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Knowledge and exposure to Business Continuity Management / Business Resilience
- Experience in reviewing Program Management Offices (PMO) and project assurance services
- Experience in IT process mapping, risk and control identification
- Experience in ICT Strategic Plan development
- Strong understanding of IT Procurement processes and control processes
- Exposure to Data Analytics or working with Data Teams
- Strong knowledge of ITIL, COBIT 5 and other control frameworks Significant experience in presenting to Senior Management, Boards and ARCs
- Australian driver’s licence and vehicle access (as travel outside of Sydney Metro may be required)
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Maria Aniceto from our Talent Acquisition via email [email protected].
Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST