Position Title: Regional Change Management Officer (Business Transformation)
Duty Station: Cairo, Egypt
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 14 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is undertaking a Business Transformation (BT) process, a priority driven by IOM’s Internal Governance Framework (IGF). IOM has undertaken a global review of its current support and administrative business requirements and ERP-based process flows to update its systems and establish a fit-for-future set of management methods, policies, controls, processes, and systems globally.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director (RD) Middle East and North Africa, Cairo-Egypt, the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO), Cairo-Egypt, and functional oversight and guidance from the Business Transformation Change Management Lead, the incumbent will be responsible for leading and facilitating initiatives required to ensure the IOM Region and its Country Offices are ready and able to work productively within transformed organizational practices and technologies. These responsibilities include change impact and readiness assessment, stakeholder engagement and care, communications and learning planning and delivery.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Lead change management activities in the Region by applying a structured methodology to support adoption of the changes required by the project or initiative.
- Build structured Change Management practices in the IOM Region.
- Develop line management and staff Change Management competencies through learning activities and involvement in the delivery of change.
- Ensure all proposed solutions and changes are fit-for-purpose and result from needs and solutions identified and analyzed at field levels.
2. Conduct change impact and readiness assessments for significant changes in the Region, with a focus in 2023 on the implementation of IOM’s new ERP system.
- Facilitate and document impact and readiness assessments for significant changes in the Region.
- Report any risks and significant resistance to the BT Change Management Lead.
3. In close consultation with the BT Change Management Lead and the Regional leadership, identify, develop and deliver strategies to engage all change stakeholders in the Region.
- Facilitate on-going update of and discussion with all stakeholders in the Region.
- Map stakeholder groups, develop, plan and deliver targeted initiatives to meaningfully involve stakeholders in the change, in particular in the implementation of IOM’s new ERP.
- Escalate significant resistance to the BT Change Management Lead.
4. Oversee the delivery of the Region’s Change Action Plans and continuously monitor readiness progress and stakeholder engagement in the change.
5. Coordinate and support communication efforts in the Region by contributing to or leading thedesign, development, delivery and management of key communications.
- Manage a range of communication tools to support the achievement of the Regional change goals, i.e. website content management, drafting of copy and newsletters, podcasts and videos.
- Contribute to global BT and internal Regional communications.
6. Coordinate and support learning efforts by providing input, document requirements, and support the design, delivery and logistics of learning programs relating to the change in the Region.
- Work closely with BT’s Training and Adoption Team in Valencia, IOM’s Staff Development and Learning (SDL) Team in Geneva and Regional learning actors to ensure the delivery of learning programs to support change adoption.
- Coordinate and support the delivery of functional and system learning for IOM’s new ERP.
- When necessary, develop and deliver learning initiatives.
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education, Information Technology, Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience;and,
- Professional certification in change management will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in change management strategy development and execution at the international level, strongly preferred within the United Nations system.
- Experience developing learning and/or internal communications strategies strongly preferred.
- Expert on online training development and digital adoption tools; and,
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country and who do not have prior experience outside the duty station’s country as staff member in the Professional category cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 14 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 25 Regional Change Management Officer (Business Transformation) (P3) Cairo,
Egypt (57952359) Released
Posting: Posting NC57952360 (57952360) Released