Ray’s Ski Shop Retail and Rental Attendant (Myrtleford)
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Rays Ski shop is located in Myrtleford VIC, the gateway to the Victorian Alps!
Responsible for selling rental products to our guests as well as assisting fitting guests with the appropriate clothing and equipment. Applicants must be able to understand the various rental products and the needs of individual customers. You will also be excellent at offering suggestions to customers on purchases in the retail section and always seek opportunities to upsell. In any downtime you may have, you will need to ensure the shop is kept clean and organised and all displays are neat and pleasing to the eye.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Assist customers with rental equipment.
- Assist customers in fitting of rented chains.
- Assist customers with retail purchases.
- Assist with equipment repairs when needed.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A high work ethic and posses a can-do attitude
- An enjoyment for a fast-paced working environment
- The ability to multi-task
- A clean and neat presentation including cleaning your uniform
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Please note: Staff accommodation is not offered with roles in Myrtleford.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at [email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.