The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates worldwide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to tens of thousands of refugees each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportations and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The department of operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the resettlement and Movement division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM´S global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for LA. RSC LA manages US resettlement activities in Latin America Countries and the Caribbean. RSC LA prepares applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arrivals to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to individuals departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Project Officer, Case Management and the direct supervision of the Project Associate, Case Management, the Project Assistant, is responsible for carrying out case management activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake communications activities in an assigned area or areas related to case consultation, the information centre and/or public affairs and, as required, guide and assist in monitoring teams of Project Clerks and Project Assistants in organizing and completing communications activities in an assigned area.
- Efficiently and effectively undertake case consultation services for individuals who appear in-person at RSC LA, providing efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous information to individuals during case consultation, and training all Project Clerks and Project Assistants involved in case consultation to provide such information.
- Provide information to individuals through the RSC Latin America information center, ensuring that all communication undertaken by phone, email, through website(s) and other technological means and, if relevant, in person, is efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous. Verify the information provided by the RSC LA information center is up to date, relevant and accessible to all persons, including to at-risk individuals, and that the staff members providing the information are adequately trained.
- In coordination with supervisors, assist with activities related to public affairs, including, as assigned, developing, designing, producing, and distributing materials for individuals served by RSC LA, RSC management, IOM, partners, and donors, including print, audio, visual and online materials.
- Verify WRAPS is updated as needed with communications-related content and assist supervisors in overseeing communications-related processes being carried out within and between units, including by email and phone.
- Utilizing reports and other oversight mechanisms, conduct regular QC of communications-related data in WRAPS and other communications tools such as email systems to verify the accuracy and clarity of information shared with individuals as well as the RSC’s compliance with all USRAP and RSC SOPs. Proactively bring to the attention of supervisor’s communications-related backlogs or other issues.
- In coordination with supervisors, liaise as needed with other teams and units in RSC LA and other RSCs. Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished within the team to supervisors and team members.
- Train other communications team members as needed to efficiently and effectively manage communications activities, update WRAPS and other databases accurately and to assist in monitoring communications team members and activities.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in communications-related activities, for meetings and for training.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with applicants and colleagues.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed secondary education required
- Five years of working experience with secondary education; three years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough knowledge of English
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, and Internet
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to organize
- Self-motivated and objective driven
- Fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Solo se considerarán aplicaciones que cumplan con el perfil solicitado. – No se considerarán aquellas aplicaciones recibidas en fecha posterior a la clausura de la convocatoria o que no se especifiquen el código de referencia. – Esta convocatoria está abierta únicamente a ciudadanos nacionales o extranjeros legalmente autorizados para trabajar en el país. – Cualquier oferta laboral en relación con este aviso especial de vacante está sujeta a la disponibilidad de fondos del proyecto. – La contratación de esta candidatura está sujeta a la validación de referencias, aprobación médica. Se debe contar con el certificado de vacunación COVID completo y/o programación de la segunda y/o tercera dosis, así como a la verificación de residencia, visa y autorizaciones por el Gobierno local, en caso de ser aplicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Candidatos interesados están invitados a postular enviando un correo a [email protected] con el asunto: “RRHH 110_2022 Project Focal Point, Communications” adjuntando su DNI o pasaporte, carta de presentación y CV en formato PDF renombrado de la siguiente manera: “CV APELLIDOS_NOMBRES”, hasta el 29 de setiembre del 2022 a las 11:59 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.09.2022 to 29.09.2022