Job Title: : Analyst
Duration: : 1 year (renewable)
Post Grade: : SC L8
Duty Station : Accra
The Analyst will play a key role in the Food Systems Unit by providing essential data analysis, research, and insights to support decision-making processes. The primary goal of this role is to contribute to the organization’s strategic objectives by conducting in-depth analyses, generating meaningful reports, and ensuring the utilization of data-driven insights for informed decision-making.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator for Food Systems, the Business Support Assistant will be responsible for the following duties.
- Data Analysis: Conduct comprehensive data analysis using various tools and methodologies to extract meaningful insights and trends.
- Research: Gather and analyze industry-specific data, market trends, and competitor information to provide valuable insights and recommendations.
- Reporting: Prepare and deliver regular and ad-hoc reports to relevant stakeholders, translating complex data into clear and actionable information.
- Modeling: Develop and maintain statistical models, forecasts, and simulations to support business planning and strategy development.
- Data Visualization: Create visually engaging and informative charts, graphs, and dashboards to present data effectively.
- Recommendations: Provide data-driven recommendations to support strategic decision-making processes.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data needs and ensure data integrity.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of data sources, methodologies, and analyses for future reference and compliance. eDbRqU2 BIpnb
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
- A minimum of (1) year post-graduate professional relevant experience or first degree with 3 years’ professional relevant experience in data analysis, research, or related to the above as advertised.
- Proficiency in data analysis software (e.g., Excel, R, Python, SQL) and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and in a team.
Language : Fluency and good command of the English language is essential.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit their applications and CV stating 3 references online to: www1.wfp.org/careers/job.openings and follow the steps.
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
People living with disability are also encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates meeting the criteria will be contacted.
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment.