Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading Non-Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organization established in 1989 by two eminent and reputable Nigerians who are the most prominent advocates of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) programming in Nigeria. ARFH, a Nigerian fully indigenous, Non- Governmental, and Not-for-Profit organization had implemented projects across the 36+1 states of Nigeria on cross cutting programs including Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health plus Nutrition Investment Case (RMNCAH+N), Family Planning (FP), Global fund grants on HIV, TB and Malaria as Prime & Sub recipient, USAID grants on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) among others.
ARFH since inception consistently contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of rural poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged populations. ARFH has been at the fore-front of Health & community system strengthening, Human resource for health development in Nigeria, supporting the Government of Nigeria to advocate and domesticate health policies into implementation e.g. its task-shifting and task sharing policy through capacity building for all cadres of health care providers including Physicians, Nurse midwives, and CHEWs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Household Economic Strengthening & Entrepreneur (HES & E)
Locations: Delta, Ekiti & Osun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Program Officer – Household Economic Strengthening will report to the Technical Advisor – OVC Case Management.
- S/he will coordinate all the HES&E interventions on the project.
- He/she will identify adolescents and caregivers to be provided with financial literacy training, cash transfer, linkage to VSLA and vocational training centres.
- He/She will support the needs and market assessment working with CBOs to identify thriving businesses within the SNUs and provide business start-up support.
- He/she will coordinate the cash transfer intervention of the project across all the supported SNUs.
- He/she will also assist in ensuring that all project activities in project state meet effective programming standards and best practices established by ARFH, CDC and the Nigerian Government especially the Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
- He/she will assist in strengthening technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and State in OVC programming, service provision and governance as well as provide guidance on referrals for the uptake of services and participate actively in referral coordination meetings.
- 100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
- A Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or related disciplines with at least 3 years’ cognate experience, which must include at least 2 years in Household Economic Strengthening of Vulnerable Families and financial literacy activities.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs within the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- An MPH is added advantage.
- Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).