Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a non-profit organisation that serves as an advocate and catalyst for empowerment programmes through high-impact interventions on social issues, leadership and governance.
Over the last 19 years, MMF has made significant strides in empowering young women and men across Africa to assume better control of their lives and achieve their full potential by facilitating access to public health emergency, educational support, skills and socio-economic development opportunities as well as promoting better governance and advocating for gender equality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnership and Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Partnership and Business Development Manager is responsible for managing Murtala Muhammed Foundation’s business development activities, significantly contributing to the development of new programme partnerships and funding strategy opportunities.
- He/she is expected to develop and implement fundraising strategies including new partnership and funder liaison.
- Establishing and managing relationships, both internally and externally is a key element of this job.
- Manage the resource mobilization plan, lead grants making efforts and set funding goals for Murtala Muhammed Foundation
- Seek for funds and grants for the Foundation’s programs activities and operations.
- Develop fund generation and resource mobilization work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan
- In collaboration with MMF leadership and Heads of Programs, map resource needs and develop resource mobilization strategies
- Keep up to date with the donor landscape, priorities and trends and work to identify new donors (including governments, foundations, individuals and industry)
- Coordinate and actively participate in the preparation, writing and submissions of grant proposals
- Establish guidelines and procedures for proposal development and monitoring that ensure effective coordination for resource mobilization, the approval of grant agreements, projecting and addressing financing gaps.
- Ensure project/department milestone/ goals are met and adhering to approved budget.
- Work with technical and communications teams to ensure communications and program objectives and activities are consistent with programmatic goals and resource mobilization needs
- Take the lead in identifying funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the program team.
- Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of MMF strategic plan and align with donor priorities.
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and other financial requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Manage the operations and the account unit of the Foundation
- Advise and manage the Foundation’s endowment
- Investigate and contribute to strategic decisions in relation to developing alternate income streams (consultancy, philanthropists etc.)
- Identify and track funding prospects as they arise and maintain the appropriate tracking tools
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of MMF’s CRM database of potential funders, consultants and partners for business development
- Report to Senior Management Team and the Board on progress against fundraising targets
- Develop and support new and current partnership engagements including identifying and building relationships with prospective collaborative partners on bids
- Develop and manage positive and constructive relationships with potential funders and internal and external stakeholders, including meeting stakeholders and funders on own or with programme staff
- Manage MMF’s engagement in active frameworks and consortia, including maintaining relationships with other framework/consortia participants and consultants, coordinating meetings where required.
- Oversee and support the development of concept notes and proposals as appropriate in liaison with Finance and Programme teams by managing the bid process, contributing to technical proposal development and budgeting, and developing commercial strategies for bids.
- Keep up to date with existing and potential MMF programmes and those of our competitors
- Work closely with marketing & communications colleagues to develop familiarity with the requirements of key funders, the language used, and funding specifications to inform the preparation of excellent commercial and technical bids
- Develop and maintain appropriate business development tools and processes as needed.
- An advanced University Degree with a minimum of 7 years proven track record of fundraising, grant seeking and business development in a non-profit organisation or an international organisation
- Proven ability to meet Revenue targets
- Good knowledge of philanthropic sector – foundations, companies and high net worth individuals
- Fundraising for events experience is a strong plus
- Proven record in proposal writing and development
- Excellent and exceptional writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a small, multicultural, dynamic team.
N200,000 – N250,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Partnership and Business Development Manager” as the subject of the mail.