UNFPA is seeking humanitarian practitioners and experts in the following area from the Pacific Region for inclusion into UNFPA’s Pacific Emergency (Surge) Roster:
- Emergency Response Coordinator
The Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) assumes full responsibility for leadership and day-to-day coordination of the UNFPA emergency response in accordance with the UNFPA Humanitarian Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), in close consultation with the Country Office Representative, as well as the regional and Humanitarian Offices.
Under the overall supervision of the UNFPA Country Office (CO) Representative and /or Head of Office, and the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative / or Assistant Representative, the incumbent will assist the Country Office in the planning, coordination and implementation of UNFPA’s humanitarian interventions focusing on the four key emergency thematic areas of Gender Based Violence in Emergencies (GBViE), Sexual and Reproductive Health in Emergencies (SRHiE), Youth in Emergencies, and ensuring the appropriate collection, analysis and management of relevant (humanitarian) data in such circumstances.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Social Sciences, Humanitarian Response, International Relations or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in coordinating, developing and implementing humanitarian interventions in crises settings
- A solid understanding of UNFPA’s humanitarian intervention areas of GBV and SRH
- Knowledge of the humanitarian reform process and roles/responsibilities of humanitarian actors.
- Demonstrated resource mobilisation success with key humanitarian actors
- Strong analytical, coordination and organizational skills.
- Track record of building and maintaining trust strategic alliances and partnerships with relevant stakeholders including other UN agencies, government institutions, NGOs and iNGOs as well as donor groups, with strong communication and networking skills
- Proficiency in English is required.
How to apply
**This Roster is open for residents of the Pacific Island countries only**
The application can be accessed by clicking on the following link,
- Emergency Response Coordinator (Re-opened):
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023 04:16 PM (Pacific/Fiji)
As part of the selection process for participation in the 2023 Pacific Surge Workshop, which will run on a five-day format, with final dates to be confirmed, most likely in the first quarter of 2023, applicants may be invited to participate in a video interview, technical assessment and written essay. In preparation for the workshop, selected candidates will also be asked to complete up to 40 hours of pre-learning exercises that consist of relevant E-learning course(s), webinars and associated readings. The training will have a strong focus on our intervention areas of GBV in emergencies, as well as SRH in emergencies, however, candidates will be assessed according to the profile for which he/she is being considered for surge assignment.
Candidates who successfully complete the training and are technically cleared by the attending assessors during the in-person training will be added to the Pacific Emergency Roster and considered for surge deployment in an emergency setting within the Pacific. With the identified need to increase organizational capacity in emergencies in these areas, UNFPA is focusing this Call for Applications on the above mentioned profiles.