We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara is the world’s leading mineral fertilizer company with a truly global presence and with leading positions in ammonia, nitrates, NPK and specialty fertilizers. Yara Ghana was established in 2007 to strengthen the quality and depth of input supply and related services along agricultural value chains to increase the productivity of Ghanaian farmers.
Yara Ghana is looking for a Mechanical Technician to join it’s team. The position will be based at our Tema Terminal and will report to the Maintenance Manager.
• Responsible for management of spare parts and other consumables for maintenance work.
• Supervise the work of third -party maintenance companies to ensure compliance with Yara safety and quality standards.
• Lead a team to conduct root cause problem solving on stoppages and implement actions to reduce avoidable downtime of equipment.
• Keep accurate and reliable records of maintenance activities- schedules, procedures, work orders and spare part inventory.
Qualification Required & Experience
• An HND, BTECH, Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent with 3 years experience
• Knowledge and application of LEAN methodologies (5S, SMED, A3 PROBLEM SOLVING )
• Experience with handling of both rotary and static equipment
• Knowledge on AUTOCAD modification and Interpretation of Mechanical diagrams