Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Officer
Employment Type: Contract
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports.
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information.
- Collaborate with other programme staff to ensure every staff knows and understands their role in M&E.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her line manager may judge necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or related field. Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, Statistics, or Economics preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Good oral and written communication skills ( English, and Local Hausa and Kanuri)
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Microsoft word, excel, and power point presentation.)
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
Application Closing Date
7th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- CBI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity as such
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.