Thomson Geer is a large Australian Corporate law firm with offices in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth. The firm has more than 650 partners and staff nationally, and offers a dynamic, friendly and professional work environment. We are passionate about constantly providing value to our clients – their business success is our priority. This focus on client value is a key reason for our success.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic full-time legal secretary to join our Melbourne office within our Disputes team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, capable and motivated to work autonomously and within a successful team. This role will involve:
- liaising with clients and staff
- preparation of legal documents
- correspondence of emails, letters and internal memos and letters
- diary management
- opening, maintaining and closing electronic files
Requirements of the role
The successful candidate for this role will:
- be flexible and adaptable, proactive and comfortable working unsupervised
- have a positive attitude and the ability to manage the workflow of multiple fee earners
- have intermediate to advanced computer skills across the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Powerpoint, working knowledge of Excel, and a typing speed of 60+ wpm
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- have experience using document management and billing systems (such as FileSite and Aderant Expert, or similar)
- have strong organisational and file management skills
- have a minimum of two years’ experience as a Legal Secretary
What we offer
At Thomson Geer, we offer increased meaning in work for support roles. On top of this we have a high calibre client base and a collaborative and supportive team environment for ambitious candidates that are improvement focused. Thomson Geer has a “well-being @ work” program encompassing flu vaccinations, generous parental leave, skin health checks and an employee assistance program. We also have an active social club and are supportive of flexible working practices.
What you need to do
If this sounds like the role for you please submit your application via the “Apply” link below.