Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE (TAConnect) is a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services across Africa. TAConnect was established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to deliver tailored and cohesive support for states in Nigeria by strengthening their PHC systems and enhancing PHC service delivery. As an innovative platform, we respond to state TA priorities to promote sustainable improvements in state Primary Healthcare (PHC) systems’ performance and increase uptake of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) services.
- Experience 6 years
- Location Abuja
This job description (JD)/scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the IT Analyst to Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE (TAConnect), a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services to states in Nigeria.
The IT Analyst is responsible for the maintenance of the IT infrastructure through regular upkeep, security checks, and upgrades to maintain optimal systems and network performance.
This individual will also be responsible for troubleshooting IT issues as they arise and advise the Manager, Human Resources & Operations on how new technologies can be used to
improve and implement activities. He/she will ensure adherence to TAConnects’ corporate and office policies, donor regulations, and business processes in the aspects of operations
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Communicate to project personnel the proper use of IT system and provide training as required
- Establish and implement security policies and procedures (Antivirus, routine back-up system, firewall, encryption, etc.) and install IT systems and servers
- Manage the hardware, software and connectivity aspects of all TAConnect systems, including setting up and configuring new computer systems, new hardware and
- installation of proprietary software, new releases and system upgrades. Conduct routine maintenance and perform basic repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing
- needs. Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment in accordance with IT procedures.
- Assist in implementing network administration (Users and Groups, Rights Assignment, Active Directory (AD) Maintenance, Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamic AX, etc.)
- Monitor systems and network performances and roll out of new applications and information technology technical procedures
- Develop training guides and instruction materials and SOPs for the usage information technology hardware and software.
- Prioritize and manage multiple helpdesk cases and respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop basic solutions. Assist in database management and administration
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff and service providers. Prepare report on implementation of project IT activities
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Manager, Human Resources & Operations and TAConnect Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology or BEng. Computer Engineering, or related field. Professional certification as CCNA and MCSE
- (Other professional certifications) are an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience, 3 of which must be in IT operations in a medium to large development, projects and/or organizations
- Experience working for an NGO, company, or donor implementer in Nigeria is preferred
- Proficiency in responding effectively to technical inquiries or complaints with extensive ability to communication technical terms in the simplest form
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications in a technical support environment. Good knowledge of using networking technologies and diverse specification of printer support
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems and in research/application and understanding technical documentation
- Strong problem-solving skills and good written and spoken communication skills in English, and any other local languages like Hausa, Igbo, and/or Yoruba.
The IT Analyst will report directly to Specialist, Human Resources and Operations.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their comprehensive CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio as a single document (PDF or Doc or Docx.) to [email protected] using the
Job Title “Officer, IT Analyst” as the subject. All applications should be sent on or before 2oth November 2022. TAConnect will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre- qualification stage. More information about TAConnect can be found on the TAConnect website: https://www.taconnect-ng.org