Duration of Consultancy: 3 months
Nature of the consultancy: Advisory services on microfinance and entrepreneurship to the steering committee of IDEE BRIDGE’s project.
Project Context and Scope: In the framework of IOM Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion thematic programming, IOM Niger is implementing the project “Initiatives for the development of the enterprise” (IDEE) with the objective to increase economic opportunities for Nigerien youth and to offer an alternative to irregular migration. It builds on the lessons learned and the results of the first phase of the IDEE project implemented between 2017 and 2020.
As part of our activities within the Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion (LMI) Unit, the international consultant will develop a manual on loan policy and procedure for the Steering Committee on the management of funds for young entrepreneurs. The consultant will contribute to the implementation of the LMI strategy, particularly on entrepreneurship and guidance on ressources mobilization as well as for the development of new projects for LMI unit. The selected consultant will be assigned to :
- Provide technical support to the IDEE Bridge’s Steering committee
- Assist the project partners to implement the loan recovery and monitoring strategies effectively and efficiently;
- Facilitate training workshops, undertaking awareness-raising and sensitization activities around finance and microenterprise management, marketing, sales, saving and loans management.
- Verify critical information from the 4 regions of implementation about the delay in loan reimbursement, conduct financial analysis of data from project partners (microfinance institution and chattered accounting firm),µ
- Contribute to the elaboration of policy and operational procedures for loan programs, review the loan reimbursement procedures and loan’s personal dossiers of beneficiaries.
Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment
Consultant hired to deliver a manual on loan policy and procedure for the steering committee of IDEE Bridge project and to deliver a comprehensive report on effective tools for loan recevory and loan monitoring – on a three-instalment payment basis:
- First deliverable – Preliminary narrative report on effective tools for loan recovery and monitoring – Deliverable by 10 January 2023
- Second deliverable – Training workshop on finance and loans management – Deliverable by 15 January 2023;
- Third deliverable – First draft of at least 30 page of the manual on loan policy and procedure – Deliverable by 15 February 2023
- Final deliverable – Final reports ready– Deliverable by 25 February 2023.
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
- A report on effective tools loan recovery and monitoring is delivered – by 10 january 2023;
- A manual on loan policy and procedure is deivered – by 25 February 2023 ;
- One training workshop organized – in the framework of the consultancy.
Education, Experience and/or skills required
- Master’s degree in International Development, Migration Studies, Public Policy, Political Science, Social science, Finance, Entrepreneurship and Business Strategy, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in report writing, project development and/or project management with a preferred focus on labour mobility, social inclusion and/or human development.
- Previous experience working in the field of financial resources management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is preferable.
- Knowledge of LMI-specific priorities relevant to the project.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of human and financial resources management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer/software literate, including Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision;
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written).
Yes. For this consultancy, travel to duty station (Niamey, Niger) and duty travels as required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – CV and motivation letter addressed to the Chief of Mission – via the email address: [email protected].
For an application to be considered candidates are requested to mention “International Consultant specialised on providing advisory services on microfinance and entrepreneurship” as subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted