Position Title: ICT Assistant (Client Support) (Tier 2) – Applications
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Job classification: General Staff/ Ungraded
Type of Appointment: Six months Special Short-Term, with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 50,000.00 per month net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Global User Support and the direct supervision of Technical/User Support Shift Supervisor, the ICT Assistant will provide application support services to end-users through the ICT MAC Global User Support Unit based in Manila including daily technical support to users of IOM’s in-house applications, solution and infrastructure worldwide, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Respond to user queries and issues related to IOM in-house applications that have been escalated from Tier 1 Global User Support agents, track tickets and coordinate with Tier 3s such as but not limited to Dev Team, Database Team, Business Process Owners as necessary to fulfil user requests within existing Global User Support standards and procedures effectively.
- Log all actions and document cases in the IT Service Management Tool (GSS – Freshservice) including site survey information, steps taken to resolve the issue or to complete task, problems encountered, current status, required follow-up or escalation, etc.
- Retain ticket ownership – open, update, monitor and close tickets assigned, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Analyze and diagnose the issues, identify the root cause of the problems and propose a solution.
- Assist in analyzing performance problems and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability of IOM applications.
- Participate in delivery of user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for in-house developed applications.
- Participate in testing activities such as but not limited to – User Acceptance Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, etc.
- Maintain and regularly update the documentation of SOPs, work instructions, solutions, Knowledge Base related to application support and contribute to the effectiveness of the support service.
- Due to nature of user support activities, required to work in any of the current two shifts as scheduled, including holidays and weekends.
- Perform such other duties related to the position as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in Helpdesk/ Service Desk roles; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office), application support, web-based applications, Mobile applications, as applicable for the position.
- Valid Microsoft MSCE, ITIL training and certifications are an advantage.
- Experience in Application Support;
- Proven knowledge, experience and skills to support and troubleshoot .NET, SharePoint, Java applications.; knowledge of software development, software life cycle, SQL will be considered an advantage;
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users; knowledge of a ticket-tracking system is an advantage;
- Strong customer service orientation; focused on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Good administrative and time-management skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to manage complexities.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM Philippines jobsite not later than 18 December 2022 with reference code DR 056/2022 ICT Assistant (Client Support) (Tier 2) – Applications.
For further information, refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/dr-0562022-dr-0562022-ict-assistant-client-support-tier-2-applications-ungraded-manila
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.