Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading Non-Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organization established in 1989 by two eminent and reputable Nigerians who are the most prominent advocates of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) programming in Nigeria. ARFH, a Nigerian fully indigenous, Non- Governmental, and Not-for-Profit organization had implemented projects across the 36+1 states of Nigeria on cross cutting programs including Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health plus Nutrition Investment Case (RMNCAH+N), Family Planning (FP), Global fund grants on HIV, TB and Malaria as Prime & Sub recipient, USAID grants on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) among others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Slot: 3 Openings
Specific Job / Responsibilities
- Process all approved payments in line with standard practices with appropriate supporting document.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Staffs to ensure that all advances are retired and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist in the logistics preparation for and during workshops.
- Filling of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents.
- Posting of daily transactions (Income & Expenditure) using accounting Package.
- Carry out banking transaction and recording of daily lodgements and withdrawers.
- Preparation of PVs and writing of cheques.
- Posting of PVs and preparation of financial reports.
- Responsible for budget tracking, bank statement reconciliationand preparation of staff payroll.
- In charge of making requisition for funds, reimbursement and involvement in the capacity building of the Staffs on financial management.
- Keep financial records and write up financial reports.
- Coordinate and support the finance unit management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with ARFH established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the project beneficiaries.
- Prepare various, periodic and ad hoc financial reports, as needed, and perform variance analyses to assist with decision-making and proper management of financial resources.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Candidates should possess an HND / BSc. Degree in Accounting, Finance or other Social Sciences and the candidate must a qualified accountant with ACA OR ACCA certificate. A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must also have at least three (3) years’ working experience in a similar position, preferably with Non-Governmental organizations
- The successful candidate will manage the QuickBooks Software of the project, therefore, a strong skill in QuickBooks is very important.
- Other requirements are Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint with good analytical, interpersonal, communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English Language.
- Applicant must possess excellent planning and prioritization skills, be able to work independently and pay very close attention to details. Good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter inONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).